• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dplumlee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Noblesville
    Anyone here a member of the Fall Creek Valley Conservation club? My son and I are looking for a club to join. From their website this place looks awesome...but would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Horrible place. Don't waste your time. :)

Seriously, the facility and people are great. The only caveat is that there are a lot of scheduled events on evenings and weekends, which limits the open range time unless you can go during the day on a weekday. Of course, you can also come out and participate in the events.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was the only person there on Monday late afternoon. I had the entire place to myself. There's a separate ~4 lane covered 21' pistol bay, a few short distant outdoor ~7 yard lanes, a few 25 yard, a few 50 yard & about 14 100 yard lanes. There's an archery trail. There are all kinds of special event shoots (the shot gunners shoot OVER the rifle range and close down rifle when doing so).

The shot gunners annoy me. I've wasted more than a few trips up there when shot gunners refused to relinquish the range.

I've been a member for 15+ years. I can take a guest if you'd like to go check it out sometime... unless you're a shot gunner. :):

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I've been a member for a number of years, really like it. I took a guest once, and he joined as well so he must have liked it.

The members generally seem to take safety very seriously, a very welcome change from my times spent at public ranges. Everyone I have met has been very friendly and cooperative. The range officers, when they are present, which is not all of the time, have been very pleasant. They simply run the range without being the power-hungry jerks you sometimes encounter elsewhere. I have met the President and other office holders at a work day and they are all good people. My only complaint is that I wish there was a longer range than 100 yards available. There has been a 200 yard range in the works for a while, but work on it seems to have bogged down.

Overall, I think it is a great bargain. Good facilities and not that expensive.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I was a member there for many years and really liked the people and the rifle/pistol range. Father Time snuck up on me and deprived me of free use of my legs, so I dropped out about 10 years ago. I can't think of one negative thing about the club. A nice facility and a nice groupof people.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    Horrible place. Don't waste your time. :)

Seriously, the facility and people are great. The only caveat is that there are a lot of scheduled events on evenings and weekends, which limits the open range time unless you can go during the day on a weekday. Of course, you can also come out and participate in the events.

+1 to this. I was a member years ago. Great facility, but the weekend calendars were often blocked off for organized events, and I didn't have enough free time on weekdays to get by there very often. Probably wouldn't have been an issue if I lived closer.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    You should check out Deer Creek in southern Grant County. 200yd rifle range and 10 bay pistol range. Limited events and low member use so there is a ton of uncrowded range time available. Fall Creek is a great place too, well ran and nice people.... ran my 1st 100 straight there in trap. While I never used these, I believe the rifle range is 100 yds and the pistol range is somewhat small also.

Last edited:

heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    i know it has its annual membership fee but are there any "hidden" fees. Ive seen other ranges that have very reasonable membership fees/ annual pass, but then you still have to pay a small fee every time you go. That never made any sense to me.

heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    i know it has its annual membership fee but are there any "hidden" fees. Ive seen other ranges that have very reasonable membership fees/ annual pass, but then you still have to pay a small fee every time you go. That never made any sense to me.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There are a couple small fees.

The main rifle / pistol line collects $1 each visit from members & $2 from guests. This is used to buy backers & support sticks for the range. There's a slightly higher, maybe $3 fee for the covered pistol lanes. That fee is to help cover the wear & tear on the mechanical & electronics.

I don't know if the shotgunners have a similar fee. I hate those shot gunners. :):

I don't know if the archery trail has any fees.

There's still a political argument over completing that 200 yard range. It's been under construction for years!!! Some OG member FUDDs are dead set against it. :xmad:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There are a couple small fees.

The main rifle / pistol line collects $1 each visit from members & $2 from guests. This is used to buy backers & support sticks for the range. There's a slightly higher, maybe $3 fee for the covered pistol lanes. That fee is to help cover the wear & tear on the mechanical & electronics.

I don't know if the shotgunners have a similar fee. I hate those shot gunners. :):

I don't know if the archery trail has any fees.

There's still a political argument over completing that 200 yard range. It's been under construction for years!!! Some OG member FUDDs are dead set against it. :xmad:

Sorry to hear that. A 200 yard range would really add to that range. HHRP down south went out to I believe 400 yards recently and it's a blast to shoot there (well, it was before but it's funner now).

To resurrect a dead and buried thread without starting a new one... What's everyone's current opinion of the place?

I'm not a member, but have gone a few times with a member and I've enjoyed my visits. Members seem nice and the range is clean and well kept. The only real criticism I have is the way they do their target backers forces you to tape your targets on, instead of using a stapler. I've had the tape come undone several times with my target either flapping around or falling off entirely. I don't have that issue at ranges where you staple the target on. Otherwise, nice range that I may actually join at some point.

Top Bottom