• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Serves absolutely no purpose in my battery . . . really, really want one.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/02/13/9mm-gatling-gun-from-tippmann-armory/

9mm-gatling.gif

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    There are better out there now, you can get these in 50 or 45 cal.. And at not much more expensive.

The designer is one of those rare breed of Craftsman and engineer, balancing cost , quality and fidelity to the original Gatling gun design

and these are not a new product, they have made and sold 100s of these for years. Battery Guns Guns have been used in several movies. "The last Samurai" and "Hell on Wheels"

And I would ask anyone to watch the end of "The Last Samurai" to answer the need question.. A batch of P.O. ed Samurai may be after you someday.

GATLING GUN FULL SIZE MODELS FOR SALE CIVIL WAR REENACTMENTS, ANTIQUE GUN COLLECTORS, BLACK POWDER.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I really like that thing and the way the magwell is made gives me ideas...I've got several 50-rd Swiss Neuhausen SMG mags (and a loader to save my fingers) that I need to put to use and this just seems perfect for them. I also know a few MG dealers have a crap load of those mags and nothing to use them in.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    There are better out there now, you can get these in 50 or 45 cal.. And at not much more expensive.

The designer is one of those rare breed of Craftsman and engineer, balancing cost , quality and fidelity to the original Gatling gun design

and these are not a new product, they have made and sold 100s of these for years. Battery Guns Guns have been used in several movies. "The last Samurai" and "Hell on Wheels"

And I would ask anyone to watch the end of "The Last Samurai" to answer the need question.. A batch of P.O. ed Samurai may be after you someday.

GATLING GUN FULL SIZE MODELS FOR SALE CIVIL WAR REENACTMENTS, ANTIQUE GUN COLLECTORS, BLACK POWDER.

Indy, as best as I can tell from looking at the website, their guns all use separately loaded chambers like the original Gatling, rather than modern cartridges. Example picture for folks who might not know what a Gatling "chamber-type" cartridge is.

Gatling58chamber.jpg

Also, no price is listed on the website which on something exotic always gives the impression of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". Not saying that's the case, but considering the cost of the recently reproduced Colt Gatlings ($40K-$50K), it's enough to scare a lot of people off.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    grinning madly... "honey,how much money is in the emergency account?"...

honey asks "is it a emergency?"

my reply..." I did ask how much was in the emergency fund didn't I?...plus its valentines day!"

flash forward to tomorrow...wife lookin online for divorce lawyers while muttering "emergency my @$$!"

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Indy, as best as I can tell from looking at the website, their guns all use separately loaded chambers like the original Gatling, rather than modern cartridges. Example picture for folks who might not know what a Gatling "chamber-type" cartridge is.

Gatling58chamber.jpg

Also, no price is listed on the website which on something exotic always gives the impression of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it". Not saying that's the case, but considering the cost of the recently reproduced Colt Gatlings ($40K-$50K), it's enough to scare a lot of people off.

You are spot on to the fact they use a chamber just about what you showed. They have 2 different chambers one that you can load with black powder and ball with a cap, another that you can load 45 colt cartridges in the back.

Personally the black powder firing chambers are elegant because you are looking at the just how Gatling designed and intended the 1st 12+ that he ordered from the Greenwood factory, which was later burned down. So it is a way of getting a Gatling gun that is closest to the "original" factory design.

Per price, had not priced one in a bit. Got mine for about 5k, that was years ago. I see them on gunbroker around 6 - 7 now, But do not know the factory price.. But agreed leaving the price out can scare off a few folks, had not looked.. But lets be honest if a phone call will scare someone off from owning a Gatling gun, perhaps they did not deserve one anyways.. :) One thing I liked about them is they have the parts on hand to get you one with in a week or so. So often ordering specialty items like that can be a 6 month to year wait.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/794562633

Remember what Bogart said in the Big sleep " a gat in the hand means the world by the tail"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom