• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Planning on picking up a 43x as my new secondary carry. Anyone had any problems with them so far? I am a admitted Glock fanboy so don't try to talk me out of it haha.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Meh. Just another Glock. I really don't understand people who feel the need to run out to the store every time Glock releases some new minute change on the same gun they've been building for decades.

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Meh. Just another Glock. I really don't understand people who feel the need to run out to the store every time Glock releases some new minute change on the same gun they've been building for decades.

When it comes down to it, it is almost hard to make a bad gun anymore especially with todays technology. Yes there are set backs and the occasional "upgrade" sig cough cough.... But overall your either a chevy or a ford guy same thing with guns. Believe me i didnt jump for the 19x or model 45 and i still dont get the hype. But a 43 with a better grip, more rounds, and overall better reliability because you dont need mag extensions, and a fair price point...sign me up lol. Just wish it was all black

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    The 43X is what the 43 should have been in the first place. I put about 50-75 rounds each thru the 43X and 48. Have not yet completely decided on which one but likely leaning towards the 48 as I like the slightly heavier and longer front end. As far as the grip end being so much longer as I heard from a few about "printing", when compared to my 43 with the finger extension, the 43X and 48 is only around a quarter inch longer in the front of the bottom and maybe around up to 3/4 inch in the rear of the bottom of the grip. I got a nice pic of it but cannot figure on how to post it!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just too bad that the mags for the 48/43x don't also fit the 43. I guess I understand if they need to do that to make the 48 & 43x function properly, but this is the first time I am aware of that the "full size, compact, sub compact" of the same line of Glock pistols are not compatible. This had been a big selling point to me in the past.

My understanding is that the 43x/48 are just a bit wider in the frame than the 43 and this carries over to the mags.

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Just picked up a 43X from Atkinson firearms off county line road in Greenwood. Couldnt be happier and feels great in my hand. It does in fact fit my 43 holster! They have 1 pending 43X as of now and have 2 glock 48s with night sights left! Very happy with the guys behind the counter and great prices on guns and ammo.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Have had mine for about a month now and the more I shoot it the more I love it. It is my new EDC, used to carry a Shield which I really liked but no matter how much I practiced with it I shoot the Glock better. I really like the bigger grip better. My daughter and I were shooting it the other day and we were banging a BC at 70 yards without a problem, not it was designed for but it was fun to hit a steel target that far away with small pistol. My one complaint is the typical mushy Glock trigger so that will he something that I need to fix. I really don't care about the silver slide, didn't buy it for it's looks, it just needs to function when if I need it and have not had a malfunction yet.

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Have had mine for about a month now and the more I shoot it the more I love it. It is my new EDC, used to carry a Shield which I really liked but no matter how much I practiced with it I shoot the Glock better. I really like the bigger grip better. My daughter and I were shooting it the other day and we were banging a BC at 70 yards without a problem, not it was designed for but it was fun to hit a steel target that far away with small pistol. My one complaint is the typical mushy Glock trigger so that will he something that I need to fix. I really don't care about the silver slide, didn't buy it for it's looks, it just needs to function when if I need it and have not had a malfunction yet.

Yeah i was thinking of waiting until an all black one came out but got impatient and was a little curious how good the new finish is as well. Havent been able to shoot it yet but feels great in my hand. I have never shot with an upgraded trigger in a glock but i was thinking of getting one for my 17. Would replacing just the trigger shoe have any real effect, or would it be better to go with a whole new assembly. Either way, any recomendations?

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    Only issue I've *heard* about had to do with the front sight basically being garbage which is inconsequential at best since most everybody replaces it anyway. If I hadn't picked up a P365 last fall I'd definitely be interested in getting one however I just may pick one up for my girlfriend to carry since she likes the way it feels. Then I can do what I want to it in case, you know, it were to find it's way towards my things.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    That could be said of the stock plastic sights on any model Glock. It's only a matter of time before they come loose and disappear. The rears aren't much better.

Exactly what I was getting at which is why it's inconsequential. Anyone that's familiar with a Glock is already expecting it or already planning on replacing the sights so it's a moot point. None the less I look forward to trying one out if I pick one up for the gf.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If I didn't already have a 43, I'd be looking at the 43X. The wife just got a HYVE Technologies magazine extender for her 43. For $32 it added.....(guess)...that's right.....3 rounds!

For more capacity, I have a 23 converted to 9mm. The 48 has no appeal to me.

EDIT: A note. Installed the HYVE 3 rd extension. It came with a much longer magazine spring. The 9th round is very hard to load into the magazine and with 9 in there the slide is very hard to operate and will not chamber a round. Works just fine with 8 in the mag but she's going back to the factory 6 rd mag until we get this figured out.

Last edited:

nate1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2018
    Fortville
    I love my 43 standard. easy to conceal. add a plus 1 or plus 2 mag and your right there at the X. but can conceal easier with the 6rd

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Had a question about the 43X magazine. I see it's 10 rounds, is it still a straight single stack or almost double stack, (ie. 1-1/2 stack?)

USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    Had a question about the 43X magazine. I see it's 10 rounds, is it still a straight single stack or almost double stack, (ie. 1-1/2 stack?)

It is not a single stack. I think it is considered a 1 1/2 stack. Keep this in mind if you decide to get upgraded parts originally intended for the 43 ie mag release. Parts like the trigger connector and slide release are interchangeable

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Anyone taken the time to shoot these new Glocks side by side with a Glock 26?

I am curious how 10rds of "short and fat" vs "tall and thin" equal out on the range.

I have experience with the 26 and 43. I greatly prefer to shoot the 26 at this point. I still end up carrying the 43 because of the weight and how thin it is.

Top Bottom