• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Shooter was apprehended at least. Sounds like he used a handgun rather than the demon rifle, the AR-15. I shouldn't be happy to hear that, but, well, here we are in 2019.

I hope the people shot were only wounded and not killed and that they recover.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last report was that the shooter was neutralized. Also that the coroner had been called. No refererence to each other.

All officers in stable condition.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Laser sights are illegal to own in Illinois. It is my understanding that companies will not ship lasers to Illinois. The shooter has been described by his mother as a 45 year old guy who was laid off a couple of months ago as a part time worker and did not take the lay off well.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Regardless of the political drive this might ensue, it’s upsetting to see another human take the lives of other innocent humans. It’s always a tragedy to see this in the headlines and it seems more common than ever. Such a devastating and unfortunate theme we are seeing. Evil lurks everywhere in the world.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    https://abc7chicago.com/watch-live-...d-in-aurora-kane-county-sheriff-says/5140701/

Hmmm, not an angry middle-aged white male racist. Deviating from the script, are we?

Pulled a gun during his termination meeting and started blasting people, then ambushed the police when they responded (extraordinarily quickly, in fact). Another win for the GFZs. The police kept up the attack through multiple casualties and finally put him down. Heroic stuff.

Apparently he had a felony conviction in Mississippi for felony aggravated assault. Bad call by whoever gave a violent felon advance notice of firing (hell, probably for being violent!), then sat him down to be fired in a meeting in a GFZ with no armed security. Might as well hand out smokes and blindfolds while you're at it, boss.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The murderer's neighbor managed to describe him as nice, weird, and creepy all in the same interview.

History of violence/convicted of a stabbing (aggravated felony assault) in Mississippi 1995.

Minor criminal record in Illinois: "illegally altering car speakers" (that's a crime?) and squealing tires (traffic infraction)

Mother said he'd been stressed out for two weeks. He'd been laid off for two weeks.

Just to review: they gave a loner with a history of violence 2 weeks to plan the attack.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/gary-martin/

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Laser sights are illegal to own in Illinois. It is my understanding that companies will not ship lasers to Illinois. The shooter has been described by his mother as a 45 year old guy who was laid off a couple of months ago as a part time worker and did not take the lay off well.

My cousin lives in Illinois and at our last range meet, he bought a Walther with laser on it from Eagle Range. As I stood there, I thought to myself..."I thought these were illegal for possession in Illinois."

I guess not.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My cousin lives in Illinois and at our last range meet, he bought a Walther with laser on it from Eagle Range. As I stood there, I thought to myself..."I thought these were illegal for possession in Illinois."

I guess not.

Thats a Chicago/Cook County law. At least what a quick google shows.

Top Bottom