Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Call from ATF: My stolen gun connected to triple homicide

I got an interesting phone call from an ATF agent out of Kentucky this evening. The Colt Detective Special I had stolen in a home burglary almost five years ago has been recovered. Apparently it was in the possession of an Indiana man who is one of three suspects in a triple homicide involving a family found strangled to death in Whitley County Kentucky in 2017.

It's terrible to hear my gun was somehow connected this horrific crime. I was glad to hear it wasn't actually used in the killings. I'm told I will get the gun back at some point, although he expects it may take a while.

Teen, mom & stepdad were strangled to death in 2017. Family didnít give up on finding killers.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Thats crazy. Glad to hear you'll get the firearm back at some point. Bet you wrote that one off quite awhile ago

Ark

User Info Menu

Dang. I wouldn't want it back if it was actually used, but that's a crazy break with it being found in the guy's possession. What a wild thing to get a call out of the blue for.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

That is pretty chilling. I think I remember when this happened to you.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Thats crazy. Glad to hear you'll get the firearm back at some point. Bet you wrote that one off quite awhile ago
    Yeah, I wasn't holding out much hope on this one, but it's the now the second gun recovered out of the four that were stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Dang. I wouldn't want it back if it was actually used, but that's a crazy break with it being found in the guy's possession. What a wild thing to get a call out of the blue for.
    If it were the actual murder weapon I'm not sure I would ever get it back. I don't know how that all works.

I didn't get many details on the case itself, but the ATF agent told me these guys are being tried in federal court. I will have to go through the Feds to get the gun back. I'm really curious to see if the process is quicker than when I had to fight with Marion County to get the first one back. That one took more than two years from the time it was recovered.

Here's the gun in question. I can't wait to get it back. It was the first revolver I ever bought. Hopefully it's in half decent condition.

Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

That's unheard of. Everyone knows when they taste blood, you need to put them down.
    Aren't you scared it might turn on you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Amazing! Hope you get it back soon and in reasonable condition. Glad too that is wasn't used in the crime.

User Info Menu

I got some additional details on the case. Holy hell there is some craziness going on here. My gun even gets a mention in the news article.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/...225414025.html

User Info Menu

Hopefully, the police will remove the heroin residue from your gun before they return it to you!

After reading that story, I'm assuming you weren't home when your gun was stolen, and that may have been a vary good thing?
    Last edited by rob63; 02-20-2019 at 09:33.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    I got some additional details on the case. Holy hell there is some craziness going on here. My gun even gets a mention in the news article.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/...225414025.html
    Wow dude....Whitley City is down in McCreary county....I have a couple of good friends from down there...Tough people down there...good mountain folk basically....Your Colt went back down the hillbilly highway......

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast