• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I went shooting yesterday at the Winamac Range. Posted on colored paper is a sign at all shooting ranges giving notice that effective JANUARY and FEBRUARY 2020 the range will be open from 9-5 only on FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY. As I understand it, the range has been open this past Jan and Feb at normal hours but without a range officer present, so I guess this is solution to that problem for next year.

I sometimes think thst since Indiana is a very gun-friendly state and given all the changes this past year at the DNR shooting ranges, particularly operating hours, that some of the changes aren’t particularly gun-friendly as they might be.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So this is hours for next year or this year? Seems like it would be the hours for this year since I dont know of anyone with a crystal ball that can see into the future.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Despite what the DNR website says about the current winter hours, the signs very clearly indicated that the effective date was Jan-Feb 2020. I shot there yesterday from 11 am to 1:15 pm, the range officer was present, without any problem. So, I don’t know why the different info on the DNR website, but it sounds like someone needs to clarify the info.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My interpretation has nothing to do with whether or not Indiana is "gun friendly". My experience at DNR ranges which are free and open to the public leads me to believe this is probably a result of idiots destroying the property. I'd say they just don't have the resources to keep a range officer on site full time to prevent stupidity.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My interpretation has nothing to do with whether or not Indiana is "gun friendly". My experience at DNR ranges which are free and open to the public leads me to believe this is probably a result of idiots destroying the property. I'd say they just don't have the resources to keep a range officer on site full time to prevent stupidity.

this.
    it has to due with the cost of having ONSITE a state employee to ensure that property is not damaged as in the past it has been due to the public being dumb.

Top Bottom