• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    As websites like armslist and hoosiertopices continue to get worse and worse, I think we are starting to get influx of 50. This happened a lot after facebook started to prohibit the sales of firearms. Hoosiertopics is often just a bunch of nonsense and if I had a dollar for every ad and click bait "news article" on Armslist I could retire. I have had several contacts from "members" with only 50-60 posts that are barely legible that have a 18-19 join date. I am very curious at actually how many new "members" joined since facebook cracked down in mid 2017. I use the word "members" with reservations because they aren't here for the community. They're here for the classifieds. Maybe bump up the minimum posts to 100-150? It doesn't take that long if you actually enjoy discussing firearms and or 2A politics.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm almost to 50 quality posts now, let's not move the goal posts!

(I wasn't aware of the problems on those other sites, because I don't get out much, but I have noticed what seems like a more steady stream of runners and people who mostly post only in the classifieds.)

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm almost to 50 quality posts now, let's not move the goal posts!

(I wasn't aware of the problems on those other sites, because I don't get out much, but I have noticed what seems like a more steady stream of runners and people who mostly post only in the classifieds.)

Don't go exploring, you're not missing anything.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I’ll Please no, I’m not at 50 post yet but I only joined recently cause I relocated to Indiana in December. I’m am really interested in discussing firearms in general and being part of a group that could help me find shooting activities around and such. I also would like to take part in the classified section as well because I am absolutely tired of armslist. Please dont punish everyone for the crimes of some.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    INGO doesnt need to regulate the post count to higher than 50. This can be taken care of at an individual level. You chose the post count your comfortable with, and only do business with those above your number.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Wait, there's a classified section?
    Actually I was over there once I think. From what i've read on here about it everyone looks kind of sideways at the new people. Makes me feel kind of dirty.
    I'll get over there eventually. Just surprised this is such a hot thing with so many.
    If there were only a way to enforce a "transfer fee" until you had meaningful posts, just a thought.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    INGO doesnt need to regulate the post count to higher than 50. This can be taken care of at an individual level. You chose the post count your comfortable with, and only do business with those above your number.

That's another thought. A filter to filter them out haha

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

THIS.

If the person has a ton of WTS threads and post count of 57, then I choose to ignore them.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If we don't keep the mods distracted with a bunch of runners, they might actually have time to read some threads. That could lead to mass bannings. Seriously. We need the runners...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm almost to 50 quality posts...

BlankRemarkableCoqui-size_restricted.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It we can't trust anonymous online ads, then who can we trust?!

We should organize some sort of event where sellers and buyers can go and spent a day in building together.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Another forum I am on, requires "continued participation" after the first 50. If they see people set up shop in the classifieds and stop participating elsewhere, they get the boot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom