• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    First let me say I don't do Cerakoting (or any other modifications) for profit just fun but have done some work on a few "friends" so perhaps my opinion isn't as relevant as someone who does it for a living. But what I told one guy who wanted "Dark Red" was that one mans "Dark Red" is another mans "Brick Red", "Deep Red", "Burgandy", etc. Unless you supply me with a color chip then the interpretation of "Dark Red" is up to me. I would think the same holds true for "Battle Worn". What you think it should look like and what I think it should look like is a matter of opinion. Light or Dark is the same...its about perception. So cost as you note above I feel is irrelevant to the question - did you provide a picture or anything that helped the vendor understand exactly what you were looking for or was it just words? Any type of color and/or design modification is more or less art so it may never be perfect unless you said "here is a picture make it look like this".

Long story that in the case above I would probably try and meet the person (hopefully he understands the above) in the middle so we both are happy. Perhaps a discount on the work or a discount on future work - this would all depend on the facts of what was requested (see above) and how the customer acted. In simple words - I fix my mistakes...I will help with yours.

Top Bottom