• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wonder if Sig will just close out it's German operations once this is settled and operate almost completely/if not completely out of the US (seems from the article as my only source, since I readily admit, I don't know a lot about Sig as a company) they are already on their way to doing that.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Wonder if Sig will just close out it's German operations once this is settled and operate almost completely/if not completely out of the US (seems from the article as my only source, since I readily admit, I don't know a lot about Sig as a company) they are already on their way to doing that.
    For sure there is a global assult on gun ownership. The attack on our constitution is spearheaded by the EU and UN... not sure they realize if we were disarmed there would be no way to stop countries such as China or Russia from a successful land invasion... especially if they worked together. The PLA of China has us out manned about 25 to 1 I think and their military hardware is about equal to their personel, the only prayer we would have is non conventional warfare(mad). If US was to fall, the rest of the world would be in deep trouble.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For sure there is a global assult on gun ownership.

If only we knew a historical reason that Germany would have such a law.

"Armas alemanas? No lo se!"

_88218670_gettyimages-3260159.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

L&O Holding wanted them out of Germany years ago.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just so everyone is clear, the Jerries were cool with the guns staying in the USA. What the prosecution is about is that Ron Cohen (No, Ron Cohen, no!) forged ICs and changed the End User to SIG, USA to the Columbia National Police and paramilitaries fighting FARC.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just so everyone is clear, the Jerries were cool with the guns staying in the USA. What the prosecution is about is that Ron Cohen (No, Ron Cohen, no!) forged ICs and changed the End User to SIG, USA to the Columbia National Police and paramilitaries fighting FARC.

Understood 100%. And sounds like there are German export rules specifically regarding areas/countries in conflict (of course that means stock up before you have a conflict).

I was just wondering based on the contents of the article alone as my source, if Sig would make an effort to move out of Germany all together (at least from a manufacturing standpoint) to potentially avoid such a scenario in the future (though I'm sure other countries, US included have their own export rules that could be an issue), as well as a way to stick it to Germany after this particular issue is settled. Certainly seems based on the numbers in the article they are already pretty well in the mode of shifting things to the US and other places. (Guessing some of that may have been Sig also gearing up production in the US due to US military contracts, etc?)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

​allegedly

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was just wondering based on the contents of the article alone as my source, if Sig would make an effort to move out of Germany all together (at least from a manufacturing standpoint) to potentially avoid such a scenario in the future (though I'm sure other countries, US included have their own export rules that could be an issue), as well as a way to stick it to Germany after this particular issue is settled. Certainly seems based on the numbers in the article they are already pretty well in the mode of shifting things to the US and other places. (Guessing some of that may have been Sig also gearing up production in the US due to US military contracts, etc?)

SIG does not want to leave Germany. This is on Cohen and his "at no time do my fingers leave my hand" management style.

Geez, Ron, why don't you end that Japanese "just in time" inventory rot that you sold to the Dutchies, and have some inventory now that you brought SIG-USA back from the dead? That way you can send pistols to Columbia (1st container at least), cement the contract and then sell the Cherman pistolen to the Americans, who will trip over themselves to buy Cherman guns, and then use the vig to run overtime shifts in New Hamster and complete the Columbia contract.

Oh, no, always has to be fast and loose and extra sparklely rainbow brite b.s. with him. Ugh.

ALLEGEDLY.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some would say that Germany has a rich history of imprisoning guys with names like "Cohen".

8398765.gif

I have cover, Chicago-Kent degree . . . and an undying hatred of him running firearms companies into the ground

"Um, Ron, why don't we stop being all slimy and build some inventory?"

"I reject your proposal as I want to put me in a Krav Maga pose on the slides of all Rainbow Brite P226s.".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom