• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    The bummer with just jamming them is that they generally have an auto-home feature, and they'll just fly back to their starting point if they lose signal. It would be cool if there was such a thing as a directional EMP...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The bummer with just jamming them is that they generally have an auto-home feature, and they'll just fly back to their starting point if they lose signal. It would be cool if there was such a thing as a directional EMP...

For magnetism I take that to mean you use steel shot rather than lead...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not like these things being anywhere near my home. Thinking how to take one out without violating firearms laws.
    IIRC there is a device (transmitter) with a Yagi antenna that someone makes to essentially jam any signals from reaching it. Wonder how much those cost?

Well... both are going to be illegal.

You get a lot of remote controlled aerial vehicles over your property?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Your neighborhood wet blanket here.

Jamming or EMP- illegal too....but probably won't get the eye of local law enforcement like 3/4 oz of No. 6 from a 28 ga would (yes, 28 ga...you guys don't want to be sporting?)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Has this sort of language passed constitutional muster in other jurisdictions, 'cause......

I think it is probably constitutional, as it allows drone use in places that are public and/or where there is no expectation of privacy.

The big change here is that this eases the relatively strict state statute warrant requirements implemented by HB 1009 in 2014.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    are you anywhere that you could be lawfully hunting? hunter harassment laws could apply...

Probably so, consider that the restrictions are against the government using the drones. But I'm kind of with Hough, but I would use a 12 gauge, since that's the only shotgun I have. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think it is probably constitutional, as it allows drone use in places that are public and/or where there is no expectation of privacy.

The big change here is that this eases the relatively strict state statute warrant requirements implemented by HB 1009 in 2014.

I get the argument, but as technology changes, we are begging for a different definition of "reasonable expectation of privacy". I get it, no different from a helicopter, except much, much lower. the price of entry is quite low and, ultimately, the use will increase exponentially.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I get the argument, but as technology changes, we are begging for a different definition of "reasonable expectation of privacy". I get it, no different from a helicopter, except much, much lower. the price of entry is quite low and, ultimately, the use will increase exponentially.

But this is the state where our Constitution has a "unique vitality," and it takes reasonable suspicion for LE to pull a bag of what is otherwise abandoned trash, as per Litchfield.

But, here I have to admit that you're right with the evolving definition of what constitutes a "reasonable expectation of privacy," but I just don't like it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Personally, I hope the technology gets there for "pursuit drones". It'd be a much safer way to "pursue" fleeing suspects vs car chases.

Top Bottom