• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I mean for as much as I currently do not like the NRA, they have a very valid point. Getting my generation (under the age of 25) involved in firearms is a big deal , most are just not exposed to firearms at all and all of their opinions come from the talking heads on TV or from ultra-liberal websites such as Reddit. That being said I kind of made it my mission to take almost all of my friends in college shooting and everyone I ever took enjoyed the experience immensely and got involved at least a little bit. Also current financial situations for many younger people almost prohibits them getting interested in firearms as most are saddles with crazy student loans (I went to IUK a low cost college and my bachelors still cost 30K) and other living expenses making $500 for a gun, ammo, cleaning supplies and safety gear almost out of the question.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I mean for as much as I currently do not like the NRA, they have a very valid point. Getting my generation (under the age of 25) involved in firearms is a big deal , most are just not exposed to firearms at all and all of their opinions come from the talking heads on TV or from ultra-liberal websites such as Reddit. That being said I kind of made it my mission to take almost all of my friends in college shooting and everyone I ever took enjoyed the experience immensely and got involved at least a little bit. Also current financial situations for many younger people almost prohibits them getting interested in firearms as most are saddles with crazy student loans (I went to IUK a low cost college and my bachelors still cost 30K) and other living expenses making $500 for a gun, ammo, cleaning supplies and safety gear almost out of the question.

There are plenty of ways to be a gun enthusiast and shooter without being a gun owner. 4H is the first to come to mind.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I had forgotten how much I miss Moses.
    This seems like a good spot for post #1.
    Thank you Charlton, hope to see you again!
    Doug

I miss him too.
    When I took an ambulance ride to ER back then, the EMTs asked me who my President was. Questions to see if I was in shock or not. I told them Charlton Heston was MY President of course. Fun times. :):

He really would hate Hollywood now. :(

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    We try to educate the general public to learn about firearms and safety. This year the NWI/INGO group is having The 7th Annual NWI INGO /Winamac DNR Youth Day Shoot on Saturday 08 June 2019 and everyone is invited to attend with all the information on the INGO Event thread and always looking for volunteers to help with this event.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Heston was one of those oddities that helped as well as hurt the NRA. His stand against the Kalashnikov made me wonder about his true intent when he ascended the throne of the NRA. Thankfully he held the post very nicely. Forgive yes, never forget.

Top Bottom