• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I live on the west side of Indy and all the ranges I have been to since I moved here have had a restriction on shoooting shotguns. I’m looking for a place that will allow me to shoot shotguns especiallly since I just finished my saiga conversion. I like outdoor ranges a lot but would do anyplace that will let me. What are you guys’ favorite ranges that allow shotguns?

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    The only one I have been to is the Atterbury Range. It is outside. You can shoot shotguns at the rifle range, but only with slugs.

Ron

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I go out to the HNF a couple of times a year with some cardboard boxes to function check my shotgun and get a little quick and dirty practice.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I checked out the Marion county fish and game website and I really like what I saw there. Only thing is you have to be a member and to become a member you have to take one of the classes listed before being considered. I plan on doing this but the timeline is uncertain. Is it possible to check the place out before I commit to becoming a member? Everything I read on the website seems like itÂ’s a place I will want to be.

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    Not sure how far North you would have to drive but Jasper-Pulaski has an area where you can put up targets next to the clay target range. You can shoot whatever load you want.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Another outdoor place you might consider if you do not mind a drive is the Winamac FWA range just north of Winamac Indiana just off of US 35 north. Great place. You can shoot shotguns on the rifle range... slugs,non-slugs whatever. They offer 25,50,100,200 yard options. Then they have a separate shotgun trap and skeet range which is very nice as well. It is all FREE and well maintained. Just some options.:)

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I checked out the Marion county fish and game website and I really like what I saw there. Only thing is you have to be a member and to become a member you have to take one of the classes listed before being considered. I plan on doing this but the timeline is uncertain. Is it possible to check the place out before I commit to becoming a member? Everything I read on the website seems like itÂ’s a place I will want to be.
    Stop by MCFG on any Thursday night (between 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM) ... that's trap night and is open to the public. You can get just about anybody in the clubhouse to take you on a tour of the facility. While you're there, pay the guest fee and shoot a few rounds of trap with your shotgun.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Another club on the west side that you might want to investigate is Crawfordsville Gun Club (3225 State Road 47 North / Crawfordsville, IN 47933 ... GPS 40.08657 , -86.81557).

They do not have a web presence that is accurate or up to date. However, they do allow shotguns on the rifle range (100 yds. max), and they also have a trap program, a nice pistol bay, and an even nicer 50 yd. .22LR rifle range.

CGC is a members only club. If you want to check out the facility, the Club Board meets the 1st Sunday of each month. Meeting starts at 9:00 AM. When it is over, you could tour the facility and/or sign up for a membership ... the current yearly membership is $40 with no extra requirements like at MCFG. Just a good old fashioned club that leaves you alone to shoot as long as you follow the rules and don't act like a dick ... break the rules or start acting like a dick and you will have your membership revoked.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I live on the west side of Indy and all the ranges I have been to since I moved here have had a restriction on shoooting shotguns. I’m looking for a place that will allow me to shoot shotguns especiallly since I just finished my saiga conversion. I like outdoor ranges a lot but would do anyplace that will let me. What are you guys’ favorite ranges that allow shotguns?

The east side of Indy around 38th and Post seems to be a popular place for shooting.
    They don't seem picky about the type of firearm.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've ran into this as well at the range south of Richmond. They have a nice trap and clay area, but nothing if you want to practice for home defense. There is a nice handgun range with a berm at 25 yards, shotguns are not permitted due to people shooting up the targets. Target holders are around 5' wide and 4' tall backed with cardboard to staple things to. In the same area, just off to the right, is the 100 yard range with fixed targets at 50 75 & 100 yards. You're fine if you want to shoot slugs over there.

Outdoor range with a separate handgun, a 100 yard range, a different 200 yard range, and a third 300 yard range, along with a trap & several sporting clay stations, yet there is no place to practice home defense shotguns. :rolleyes:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom