• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For those that sell regularly on GB, who do you use to ship firearms? I’m thinking of letting a few from the collection go and it’s the shipping that is holding me back. I believe that some FFLs won’t accept a shipment from an individual. Is there an LGS in the area that is pretty good to work with for shipping?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I looked into shipping a revolver to southern IN once and the cheapest quote I got around here was $85. Granted, the selection of shops that will do it here is more limited than what you may have in the Indy area. Since I'm in far NW IN, sometimes I've had to opt for more non-traditional delivery methods, like meeting the other party halfway or getting a trusted INGO member to pick it up if they happen to be traveling . If you're dealing with a party in another state, I realize this is not as feasible.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You might call USDS and see if they will handle that for you. Never tried to ship out from them, but know they handle incoming transfers really well, so worth a shot.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Call USDS, Elmore's, Beech Grove, The Outdoorsman, and Honey Creek. Indy Arms, too, but that's not south. I'd even call Ft. Liberty and/or Parabellum, too. Ask them all how much they charge to ship a handgun or long gun to another FFL.

We south-siders are blessed to have so many places to shop!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Could also check with AllenM of course. I think you have put in enough money with him on firearms and car repairs that he may help you out, if you have everything packaged and ready to go.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    You can ship firearms directly, as long as you ship to a licensed FFL You can ship long arms throught the USPS. Handguns must go overmight by UPS or FedEx (their requirements). Just make sure that the receiving FFL has no problem with receiving a firearm from an individual (most don't) and inclide a copy of your drivers license with a signed statement that you are the lawful owner of the firearm.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You can ship firearms directly, as long as you ship to a licensed FFL You can ship long arms throught the USPS. Handguns must go overmight by UPS or FedEx (their requirements). Just make sure that the receiving FFL has no problem with receiving a firearm from an individual (most don't) and inclide a copy of your drivers license with a signed statement that you are the lawful owner of the firearm.

This. There's no reason to mess with anything else for long guns if the receiving FFL will accept a transfer from an individual. With handguns you will save some $$ if you can find an FFL to ship for you.

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I had a local "kitchen table" FFL completely meltdown on me once when a guy I purchased a handgun from shipped directly to him. I didn't use him for transfers after that. I have used the Indiana Gun Club to ship from with no problems.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Haven't used this service yet but seems worth checking into.

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/howthisworks.php

As far as long guns go. When I have sold on GB, I put in my ad for the buyer to make sure his FFL will accept from an Individual. If so I include a copy of my DL and the name of who the firearm is for.

I have only shipped a pair of revolvers one time and Chad at USDS was more than helpful, when shipping handguns an FFL dealer is allowed to use USPS which is much cheaper than other options.
    For handguns I would charge $35 as a shipping fee from the buyer, which covers the $20 dollar transfer fee at USDS and pretty close if not all the USPS Priority fee.

Top Bottom