• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I won a long gun auction in CA and need to find a central Indiana FFL that has done business with CA DOJ. Apparently it's not a normal FFL to FFL transfer. I'm not sure what the extra hassle is about. You'd think CA DOJ would love for people to ship guns out of their Communist state but apparently no other FFL want to deal with their ****.

If you've actually successfully transferred something from CA to IN, please let me know who you used as an FFL.

:ingo:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Stand by INGO!

Well whadda ya know. Indy Arms DID send their FFL info. They told me in-store a couple days ago that they would not deal with CA DOJ.

Hopefully, pics coming soon of the new-to-me US Model 1917 Eddystone!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Please remember gun stores use "the law" as a reason to be lazy ***es.

I learned this at age 18 when I went to buy an HK93 at Shoe's Gun Rack on the westside of Indy. I asked to buy the HK93 and the vile pile of ______ did not even get off his stool.

"That would be highly illegal."

Cursed him, turned on my heel and bought the gun at another store.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Please remember gun stores use "the law" as a reason to be lazy ***es.

I learned this at age 18 when I went to buy an HK93 at Shoe's Gun Rack on the westside of Indy. I asked to buy the HK93 and the vile pile of ______ did not even get off his stool.

"That would be highly illegal."

Cursed him, turned on my heel and bought the gun at another store.

If it was Gary then he COULDN'T get off his stool or out of his wheelchair.
    I liked "Shoe" and his store.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it was Gary then he COULDN'T get off his stool or out of his wheelchair.
    I liked "Shoe" and his store.

Same here. Being in Brownsburg in the 80s my choice was there or Dons. Even before Lafayette Square became a ghetto, Don's was already a slum.

Whatever happened to that shop?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Same here. Being in Brownsburg in the 80s my choice was there or Dons. Even before Lafayette Square became a ghetto, Don's was already a slum.

Whatever happened to that shop?

Don's or Shoe's?

At some point, Gary moved the store from the location near Ben Davis to a building very near the corner of 10th and Main in Speedway. I think it closed not too long after he passed in '04.

As for Don's, I typically steer clear of 38th and Lafayette, and haven't bothered to turn my head that way for a long time to see if it's still open. I purchased my first pistol from Don's in Greenwood and, having learned a thing or two since, vowed to never darken his door again. Yelp says it's still open.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, Shoe's. I know what happened to Don's. Don Davis. :):

Thanks for that. I just knew that one day I drove past the shop and it was gone. Didnt know about the move.

Well, technically the greenwood location is still open... Its just now GPD. :):

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Stand by INGO!

Well whadda ya know. Indy Arms DID send their FFL info. They told me in-store a couple days ago that they would not deal with CA DOJ.

Ha, you were watching the auction in MI where I won my Model 1917, I was also watching several of them in CA. Little John's and Carol Watson had a bunch of them all at once. I look forward to seeing the pics!

It's been a few years since I sold my last M1917, I'm in a bit of sticker shock at what has happened to bayonet prices in the intervening time. I got this M1917 rifle for the same price I got my last one, but bayonets are 3 times what I last paid!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Stand by INGO!

Indy Arms is great to deal with. If anyone can, I would anticipate they would. I would be inclined to pay+ tip when it is all said and done with their having to deal with CA. It sounds like one of those situations where as a business owner if you charge enough to justify the hassle you'll get nothing but bad press from customers. Try to explain/justify the cost and it will only look like you are trying to sell/spin the situation and trying to squeeze as much profit as possible out of it. Loose loose situation if you ask me.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ha, you were watching the auction in MI where I won my Model 1917, I was also watching several of them in CA. Little John's and Carol Watson had a bunch of them all at once. I look forward to seeing the pics!

It's been a few years since I sold my last M1917, I'm in a bit of sticker shock at what has happened to bayonet prices in the intervening time. I got this M1917 rifle for the same price I got my last one, but bayonets are 3 times what I last paid!

Ding ding ding, winner! They had an amazing estate collection being auctioned. It was hard to not bid on several more guns. And wow they all looked clean! Some were good deals even with the internet bidding add on charge, some were not.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom