• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can't imagine why nobody else on the department wouldn't trust those guys to watch their backs ever again. I'm glad nobody else was hurt in the process of learning that lesson. Hopefully they find success in a different line of work.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if they ever actually realized at any point from the time they decided to apply through the academy etc, that it was possible they may find themselves in a situation like this.

Inexcusable for someone who chose to put on a Police uniform

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The new "politically correct" selection process for admission seems to be working. They probably oozed sensitivity as they tactically removed themselves from a stressful environment...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The new "politically correct" selection process for admission seems to be working. They probably oozed sensitivity as they tactically removed themselves from a stressful environment...

Pretty obvious. Not sure how I would deal with this being the man left behind.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I wonder if they ever actually realized at any point from the time they decided to apply through the academy etc, that it was possible they may find themselves in a situation like this.

No because I’m sure they’ve been told all their lives, that everyone is the same, we’re all equal, everyone is a winner.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Wow. I guess the probationary process worked.

And the Bexar County Sheriff's Office is probably glad to have the spotlight shifted.

Last edited:

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    rookie police officers

They chose the wrong occupation. My cousin graduated from Arizona State with a teaching degree only to learn after 1 semester she did not like the kids.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Thinking about it and facing it are two different things. No one really knows how they will react until they are actually in that situation.

It is good this was learned before they were out of their probation period, and without anyone being hurt because of it.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    How many of you posting have faced a life and death situation where there was another person actively trying to kill you? Unless you have you can't image what it's like and how your body reacts.

All the simulations in the world doesn't prepare you for that instance in time. These two doesn't have what it takes, but before the dog pile and keyboard heroics, consider that no matter how much you think you'll react like you believe based on shooting paper and posting "what would you do" threads, you don't know until you come face to face with "that instance in time".

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The rookies did what no good person should do, officer or not. They deserve whatever shame follows them for their entire lives.

The 'son' though...how much fail did the 'parents' go through before they called the police to fix their failure to be actual parents. It might have been better to wait to fix their complete failure to raise a functioning human until the neighbors called and the whole family unit was fully involved (dead).

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    How many of you posting have faced a life and death situation where there was another person actively trying to kill you? Unless you have you can't image what it's like and how your body reacts.

All the simulations in the world doesn't prepare you for that instance in time. These two doesn't have what it takes, but before the dog pile and keyboard heroics, consider that no matter how much you think you'll react like you believe based on shooting paper and posting "what would you do" threads, you don't know until you come face to face with "that instance in time".

Been there, done that...when actual fire happens you are living in the land of no slack and you will be judged on your actions not your professed intentions.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Been there, done that...when actual fire happens you are living in the land of no slack and you will be judged on your actions not your professed intentions.

Looking back it's like being on a razor's edge. If I was the guy left alone I'd want to beat them with a bat, but I'd also feel sorry for them.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

This is so true. I've watched and read about the seemingly ordinary people who stepped up when called upon to do something extraordinary, and thought, "I hope that if I am so confronted, I could do half as well."

And good for the Sergeant who has what it takes, and I'm thankful that he was not injured when his backup turned and ran. Fortunately, their lack of willingness to stay in the fight has been identified, and they can find more fitting employment.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

:wavey:Im here, they are not. I guess I passed?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

:+1: I was thinking the same thing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This is so true. I've watched and read about the seemingly ordinary people who stepped up when called upon to do something extraordinary, and thought, "I hope that if I am so confronted, I could do half as well."

And good for the Sergeant who has what it takes, and I'm thankful that he was not injured when his backup turned and ran. Fortunately, their lack of willingness to stay in the fight has been identified, and they can find more fitting employment.

Starbucks is always looking for sensitive types.

Top Bottom