Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

One word of warning!
    Everything you do on the computer if you are on the internet.
    Is downloaded to the outside world.
    I have DEFINITELY FOUND several item from my computer on the internet.
    Another thing I found on my new laptop, I can not turn my laptop off.
    It stays in stand-by.
    Also I can not disconnect from the internet.
    My older laptop when I pull up the menu bar there was a shutdown icon. I also had a "Function" key to turn off the internet connection.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Jones 5 2002 View Post
    One word of warning!
    Everything you do on the computer if you are on the internet.
    Is downloaded to the outside world.
    I have DEFINITELY FOUND several item from my computer on the internet.
    Another thing I found on my new laptop, I can not turn my laptop off.
    It stays in stand-by.
    Also I can not disconnect from the internet.
    My older laptop when I pull up the menu bar there was a shutdown icon. I also had a "Function" key to turn off the internet connection.
    You can change the settings of what the power button, etc does in power settings, and you can also disconnect from the internet, maybe not in the same way you did before, but doesn't mean that you cannot do it easily enough. Go to your choice of search engine and look how to do it for Windows 10 (presumably, you are running Win 10 on the new one).

And unless you have something else going on, everything on your computer is not uploaded to the outside world (unless you have things setup to do so and even then a reputable cloud service is not allowing access all over the place, and encrypts your data on the wire and at rest, or you have malware).

The conspiracy theory should at least be built on some knowledge, otherwise what you propagate with your constant misunderstandings is the same drivel the mainstream media does about firearms...
    Last edited by WebSnyper; 1 Week Ago at 09:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

tsm
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks for offering this program. I have the 64-bit version of Access 2013 installed and couldn't get your original version to work properly (would open with Access, but looked like a bunch of Excel spreadsheets). I downloaded the 3/9 version and it works fine.
    Very much appreciate your efforts. I made a PDF file out of your website's instructions in order to print those out easily; hope that's ok.
    Last edited by tsm; 1 Week Ago at 11:27.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tsm View Post
    Thanks for offering this program. I have the 64-bit version of Access 2013 installed and couldn't get your original version to work properly (would open with Access, but looked like a bunch of Excel spreadsheets). I downloaded the 3/9 version and it works fine.
    Very much appreciate your efforts. I made a PDF file out of your website's instructions in order to print those out easily; hope that's ok.
    Thank you!

Glad the new version worked for you, appreciate you letting me know.

Gosh, no problem on the instructions. I am still creating them, and will be posting them up as I get them done.

I just posted Page 3, which you may wish to check out.

Gun and Ammunition Database

Also if you have any questions please feel free to ask, as it might even help someone else out.

Ron

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    You can change the settings of what the power button, etc does in power settings, and you can also disconnect from the internet, maybe not in the same way you did before, but doesn't mean that you cannot do it easily enough. Go to your choice of search engine and look how to do it for Windows 10 (presumably, you are running Win 10 on the new one).

And unless you have something else going on, everything on your computer is not uploaded to the outside world (unless you have things setup to do so and even then a reputable cloud service is not allowing access all over the place, and encrypts your data on the wire and at rest, or you have malware).

The conspiracy theory should at least be built on some knowledge, otherwise what you propagate with your constant misunderstandings is the same drivel the mainstream media does about firearms...
    You can not give me one good reason, Why something that is convenient and easy to do. It is not hidden and complex to do. It was done by them for them to use.
    NO i never gave any permission to scan my hard drive and up load it to their site.
    I download several of their open on the internet photos. I cleaned them up and stored them on my hard drive. I never told anyone or downloaded them to anyone else.
    I also never give permission to update my computer. So many times when I open my laptop. An update starts running. it tells me I can not stop it and do not turn off my laptop.

User Info Menu

You can not give me one good reason, Why something that is convenient and easy to do. It is not hidden and complex to do. It was done by them for them to use.
    NO i never gave any permission to scan my hard drive and up load it to their site.
    I download several of their open on the internet photos. I cleaned them up and stored them on my hard drive. I never told anyone or downloaded them to anyone else.
    I also never give permission to update my computer. So many times when I open my laptop. An update starts running. it tells me I can not stop it and do not turn off my laptop.

You really should take a basic Windows class or just read a bit on handling a PC.

FYI, the hardware manufacturer controls what function keys they were put on the PC and what they do (i.e. How you were likely pushing a single button to disable the wireless adapter). But there are many ways within windows to disable the wireless adapter, and that's just one of many settings regarding the stuff you are talking about.

In any case, you might want to search some if this stuff before you post about it... But be aware, you will need to be internet connected...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

I have added page 4 of the instructions which covers the Reloading Recipe Database Form.

I have also added a contact link for questions, comments, or issues.

Both of these links are on the main page.

The link to page four can be found here:

Gun and Ammunition Database

Ron

Hop

User Info Menu

This looks really useful. Any thoughts on encrypting the database? Maybe export / import individual records (like sell a gun to another INGO member)?

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    You really should take a basic Windows class or just read a bit on handling a PC.

FYI, the hardware manufacturer controls what function keys they were put on the PC and what they do (i.e. How you were likely pushing a single button to disable the wireless adapter). But there are many ways within windows to disable the wireless adapter, and that's just one of many settings regarding the stuff you are talking about.

In any case, you might want to search some if this stuff before you post about it... But be aware, you will need to be internet connected...
    First the manufactures of the P.C. Is directed by the software supplier. You want to run my product. You do it my way or no way. Now if there is a way to turn the internet function "OFF". Why do they call it "AIRPLANE MODE"?
    YOU SPOTTING OFF did not answer my question. why did they take something that was easy to do and make it difficult and hidden.
    Of course you did not give any help on how to turn my laptop completely off and how to disable the internet from accessing my laptop.
    Why does Microsoft do up grades with out my permission. Yesterday I activated my laptop at 18:00 hrs. Before I was able to do anything. Microsoft did a "UPDATE" and telling me not to turn off my computer.

tsm
    Plinker

User Info Menu

First the manufactures of the P.C. Is directed by the software supplier. You want to run my product. You do it my way or no way. Now if there is a way to turn the internet function "OFF". Why do they call it "AIRPLANE MODE"?
    YOU SPOTTING OFF did not answer my question. why did they take something that was easy to do and make it difficult and hidden.
    Of course you did not give any help on how to turn my laptop completely off and how to disable the internet from accessing my laptop.
    Why does Microsoft do up grades with out my permission. Yesterday I activated my laptop at 18:00 hrs. Before I was able to do anything. Microsoft did a "UPDATE" and telling me not to turn off my computer.
    You sound like my wife who’s always wondering why the world doesn’t conform to the way she thinks it should be! I’ve given up trying to explain that.

The Windows OS lets you set whether or not updates require your permission to occur, and you also have control over your Internet connection, whether wifi or cable. As someone already said, take a course or read a book on PC usage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast