Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    Hop
    Hop is offline
    Master Hop's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Spike! Buddy!

    I work in IT. We can help. Power down, internet off, automatic updates, all can be configured.

    Start a new thread somewhere and give us the link. I & a bunch of INGO technical professionals will help you.

    Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

  2. #42
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Jones 5 2002 View Post
    First the manufactures of the P.C. Is directed by the software supplier. You want to run my product. You do it my way or no way. Now if there is a way to turn the internet function "OFF". Why do they call it "AIRPLANE MODE"?
    YOU SPOTTING OFF did not answer my question. why did they take something that was easy to do and make it difficult and hidden.
    Of course you did not give any help on how to turn my laptop completely off and how to disable the internet from accessing my laptop.
    Why does Microsoft do up grades with out my permission. Yesterday I activated my laptop at 18:00 hrs. Before I was able to do anything. Microsoft did a "UPDATE" and telling me not to turn off my computer.
    Ok, since you can't figure out how to perform a search (entitled much?):

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-e...ers-windows-10

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ernate-your-pc

    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-q...wn-windows-10/

    You don't know how wrong you are about the PC OEMs and the "software supplier", unless you are running a Surface device, which I suspect not to be the case.

    I hope you figure out how to disable wifi from the above... as well as turn off your PC, though I hate to suggest this as we might be better if you don't figure out how to turn it back on, you may want to print or copy and paste the instructions to turn it back on, somewhere in a document you will have access to when not connected to the internet.

    This is not a conspiracy... there is a reason that updates are done the way they are in Win 10 as opposed to how they may have been done in the past (though many of the changes regarding updates have also been backported back to the lower level operating system versions).

    Sorry OP /threadjack
    Last edited by WebSnyper; 4 Days Ago at 09:51.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  3. #43
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    ....back to the OP's software...

    One useful feature would be to print "acquisition and disposition" reports for FFL03 holders.


    Of course you'd have to add more buyer and seller fields like DOB, DL, FFL#, etc. Then, each firearm needs a checkbox to identify it as to be included in C&R report.
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

  4. #44
    Hop
    Hop is offline
    Master Hop's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    ....back to the OP's software...

    One useful feature would be to print "acquisition and disposition" reports for FFL03 holders.


    Of course you'd have to add more buyer and seller fields like DOB, DL, FFL#, etc. Then, each firearm needs a checkbox to identify it as to be included in C&R report.
    Ah yes. That would make it C&R FFL friendly correct? I should really get myself an FFL.

  5. #45
    Plinker Gaffer's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    ....back to the OP's software...

    One useful feature would be to print "acquisition and disposition" reports for FFL03 holders.


    Of course you'd have to add more buyer and seller fields like DOB, DL, FFL#, etc. Then, each firearm needs a checkbox to identify it as to be included in C&R report.
    I would have no problem adding this to the database. I am already working on version 2 and this sounds like it would be useful for some folks.

    The only thing is I am not really sure what fields would need to be added. If someone could let me know what fields would be needed for C&R and if different, what fields for FFL stuff. Once I get that information I could throw something together as a sample, and then incorporate it into the database, after it has been deemed correct. Making the reports would be easy.

    I am also adding a password option to the database. This would require a password to open and run the database. Nothing that would keep the NSA out but at least would keep prying eyes out.

    Hop mentioned earlier about encrypting the database. There are several ways do this and I am researching them to be able to offer some options.

    I thought about also adding a panic button. When you push this button it would add a disposition field to all the gun records that they were lost in a tragic boating accident.

    Keep in mind that if you are filling out the database now, that any new versions or updates will not change any of the data that has already been added. So when these ideas are incorporated you would just need to add additonal data to the new fields.

    Ron

  6. #46
    Expert AGarbers's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    My one suggestion is to move the delete current gun button away from the save new gun button. I almost clicked the wrong one in my excitement.

  7. #47
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I would have no problem adding this to the database. I am already working on version 2 and this sounds like it would be useful for some folks.

    The only thing is I am not really sure what fields would need to be added. If someone could let me know what fields would be needed for C&R and if different, what fields for FFL stuff. Once I get that information I could throw something together as a sample, and then incorporate it into the database, after it has been deemed correct. Making the reports would be easy.

    I am also adding a password option to the database. This would require a password to open and run the database. Nothing that would keep the NSA out but at least would keep prying eyes out.

    Hop mentioned earlier about encrypting the database. There are several ways do this and I am researching them to be able to offer some options.

    I thought about also adding a panic button. When you push this button it would add a disposition field to all the gun records that they were lost in a tragic boating accident.

    Keep in mind that if you are filling out the database now, that any new versions or updates will not change any of the data that has already been added. So when these ideas are incorporated you would just need to add additonal data to the new fields.

    Ron
    The DB I'm using is "self-contained", i.e. it runs from a thumbstick, and I keep it all inside a TrueCrypt volume.


    Here's some samples of the C&R output:
    [IMG][/IMG]

    https://www.mdshooters.com/attachmen...4&d=1360544264

    https://www.mdshooters.com/attachmen...8&d=1360322749
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •