Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 101 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1607
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Snagged a "used" Wrangler in silver today for the sum of $150. Would have preferred the bronze, but quite happy with the silver. Sales guy said it came in yesterday. Should fill my desire for a fun .22 revolver and a nice complement to the Lite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Just funny how some folks claim tackbdriver status......and when a few finally post pics it's .75 or larger groups. Even more funny when its 50 ft and not 50 yards.

User Info Menu

IMHO .75-.50 at fifty hards benched is a good hunter. Sub .5 is even better

Killed a lot of stuff w rigs not even that good. Never claimed them tackdrivers though
    Last edited by Hookeye; 06-13-2019 at 17:55.

User Info Menu

Had one 1022 that shot cci blazer into .75 repeatedly....at 50 yards benched. Ten shot groups too. Only mod was a Volq hammer. Gun had been shot a lot by orig owner. Well used but good shape...evidently he never dinged the crown. It was collectible and too nice to risk afield. So away it went.

User Info Menu

Any gun can turn in a good group once in a while.....by just luck or even bad shooting countering equipment variables. Never know. So sure somebody might get a shocker out of a dog. But to claim it always does it.......you never see these guys at shoots lol

User Info Menu

Im sure some guys build sleeper rigs to sucker folks.....but the average squirrel popper or gun shop visitor.....,their claims of fantastic performance to be BS

User Info Menu

I wanted a .5 or less at 50 yards rig. Cost me 400 bucks ( not counting scope ). I thought that a bargain. Of course the gun ended up heavier than i wanted and the stock ergo not ideal for me.

So i bought another one....to try for a .75 at 50 hunting rig. I cant get it to do .75 at 25 yards. LOL......probably the 2nd worst 1022 ive ever had.

Yrs ago i had a Rem 552 that shot Yelliowjackets pretty good. Itd throw one now and then though. Dunno if that was gun or ammo related.

Did have a 22 pistol that was dynamite......with hyper V. Yeah...,they discontinued that ammo......and the gun had some reliability issues. So that sucked.

User Info Menu

My Anschutz 141 w reg SuperX ammo was the best out of the box gun. Bone stock......decent general ammo. It shot as good as my 64M. Didnt care for that long trigger though. But it was a good shooter......w nothing done. My 541 T HB was not as good. Maybe it would have beaten it w diff ammo. Experimentation was w maybe half a dozen brands.

User Info Menu

What I'm looking for right now in my rifles is a happy medium between group size, consistency and cost. If match grade expensive .22 ammo gives me the smallest group, it doesn't mean that's what I'm gonna shoot the most out of the rifle, but it is nice to know what the gun is capable of. I'm looking to improve my skills more than anything, but I always keep cost in mind. Everyone has a different budget to work with and different areas they are willing to spend a little extra in. I'm not here to impress anyone, but do enjoy sharing my results of any testing I've done, good or bad.

User Info Menu

Vertical stringing may appear better than is afield due to shooting offhand. My fingergroove 1022 shoots high low left and right.....a general group. No trend. I think that the worst type of performance.

My old sporter is now freefloated and yet to be tested. Might get out this weekend. Dont mind minor work, cost, experimentation.....but this is approaching hassle/ PITA status.

Rimfire madness for sure
    Last edited by Hookeye; 06-13-2019 at 18:28.

Page 101 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 ... LastLast