Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 103 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2291

Thread: Rimfire Madness: The Infection Begins

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    I've had, modified, built, and rebuilt better than a dozen 10/22's over the years. Fun to experiment with. I've got a bunch of higher end rimfires these days and all of them will better .5 at 50yds with ammo they like and a steady hand at the tiller. It's a giant rabbit hole you all have started down that can end with $2200 Coopers, $4000 Anschutz's, and $5000 to $7000 Dakota's and customs. Y'all have my deepest sympaties.
    Building 10/22s is fun though. So many ways to skin that cat.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    That is frustrating.
    I think the factory handguard is sandwiched in between the barrel nut and upper receiver. Tacticool22 makes a conversion barrel nut to allow the use of aftermarket AR handguards. I've read some people say it helps with accuracy/consistency also.

User Info Menu

I've had, modified, built, and rebuilt better than a dozen 10/22's over the years. Fun to experiment with. I've got a bunch of higher end rimfires these days and all of them will better .5 at 50yds with ammo they like and a steady hand at the tiller. It's a giant rabbit hole you all have started down that can end with $2200 Coopers, $4000 Anschutz's, and $5000 to $7000 Dakota's and customs. Y'all have my deepest sympaties.
    Not this guy. I know my limits and they're nowhere near the last 4 dollar amounts you listed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Not this guy. I know my limits and they're nowhere near the last 4 dollar amounts you listed.
    I said the same thing when I started the X-ring build. I got closer to those numbers than I wanted.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

I could see maybe 2K on a nice sporter. Not counting scope. But am content w sub .5 at fifty and that can be had for less. Wanted a 1022 that would do it. Was happy it was achieved for just 400. But once had.....I was bored Could spend more to shave it some. And if it was a hunter proly would to some extent. But i just have no use for a bench type rifle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Something like this might be helpful for you:

https://bradleycheekrest.com

I looked this over.
    So many choices: overwhelming.
    When I go to the range with someone experienced about such things they will be able to tell whether these would help.
    It seems like they would be raising my head/eye and it follows that it would also lift my head up and over to the left some.
    That is the opposite it what I'm having to do now in my neck having to go right and down for my eye to line up the glass in the scope.
    In my inexperience, it seems that a stock angled lower would solve my issues, so I wouldn't have to angle my neck down, but it would more naturally line my head/eye with the scope.
    When I get to shoot with someone at the range that's experienced they will be able to see what I'm doing and advise.
    Maybe, with the arthritis, nothing is going to help, but maybe there is a configuration of higher rings combined with higher rails and the correct angle of stock will be helpful.
    If not, I'll just be limited to shooting 150 - 200 rounds at a range session till my neck says I'm not having fun anymore.
    I have had a Ruger Charger with a red dot that I bought off a member months ago, that I haven't even taken the time to play with yet.
    I was saving it for this summer since I've been too busy with other gun pursuits, including this 10/22 I got a couple of weeks ago.

User Info Menu

Out of curiousity, what's a reasonable cost estimate to get a bone stock entry level 10/22 to shoot 1moa using non-match ammo like say CCI SV ?? How much total investment after upgrades, not including optics.

User Info Menu

Think the Anschutz id like to have is around 1700. If i was retired thatd proly be what id get. With current time avail/activities.......itd just sit in the safe
    Last edited by Hookeye; 06-13-2019 at 20:02.

User Info Menu

You guys/gals in here are all crazy!

Don't blame me....it is Turbo's fault.

In my opinion, the M-1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised. - Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Jr.

User Info Menu

The whole precision shooting thing just has so many variables. For folks that like to tinker and have good knowledge levels it can be fun. For me it was always the angst about what don't I know, what do I need to know, am I adjusting stuff correctly, etc, and got nerve racking (that was just shooting my 308 bolt gun -- 22LR would be a bit better as I could get to places I could shoot it much quicker, but still). The stuff I have now is about getting it setup and just staying reasonable proficient and slinging some lead at some steel. Just happy to get the red dot setup to reliably smack the steel.

I think the factory handguard is sandwiched in between the barrel nut and upper receiver. Tacticool22 makes a conversion barrel nut to allow the use of aftermarket AR handguards. I've read some people say it helps with accuracy/consistency also.
    Back when I got my 15-22 several years ago I had done some reading on some of that. If you decide to dip your toe into that water, I'd be interested in hearing your results. I don't know a ton about the various handguards, etc, but it would be cool to do a free float, etc if it could be done on my 15-22 for a reasonable cost. I have not read up more on that in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.