Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 147 of 156 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1553

User Info Menu

You can get the blue AT-One directly from Boyds.

It looks like they changed the At-One to round off some of the sharper corners from when it was first introduced. I'm having a hard time not getting one for my 455... but I'm waiting to see if Oryx makes a 455 inlet for their chassis first.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

There are thumb hole models of the At-One as well now.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    There are thumb hole models of the At-One as well now.
    Now, I'm in full heart-palpitation mode !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
    Now, I'm in full heart-palpitation mode !!!
    I know it exists for the 10/22. Haven’t checked any of the other models, but it’s likely that if it isn’t an option it won’t be long.

User Info Menu

Below is a post I put in yesterday, saying it was a CZ 71, but it was a Beretta 71.
    I did catch it and edited it later in the day, but received no comment.
    This gun has been mentioned (did search) only about twice on this site.
    My research says this is an older gun but a good one for the .22LR aficionado?, like myself.
    An interesting piece, or should I run?

Yesterday's post (corrected with "Beretta," not "CZ" identifying it):

Anyone know anything about the Beretta model 71 .22LR pistol?
    They are supposed to be highly reliable with decent accuracy for its size.
    They usually come with a fake suppressor on them, unless they have been taken off.

User Info Menu

Does the Beretta 71 fulfill a need or want for you? Personally I’d rather go with a Walther PPK, because Bond.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've toyed with the idea of a Beretta 71. A lot of history with them, particularly with the Mossad. It was the weapon of choice for disposing of the scumbags responsible for the 1972 Olympic incident.

Everything I've read mirrors your research in terms of quality and reliability. I'd like one, but I do also quite fancy a Beretta 21A or Taurus PT22.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I had one years ago. it was a fun little plinker/paper puncher. extra mags were extremely rare. I did eventually find one, but cost me almost as much as I paid for the gun.

mine preferred mini mags

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    Anyone know anything about the Beretta model 71 .22LR pistol?
    They are supposed to be highly reliable with decent accuracy for its size.
    They usually come with a fake suppressor on them, unless they have been taken off.
    I read a bunch of great reviews about them. I was wanting to get one but decided to pass. Classic has them at $279.00. Add the best of 10 option and the upgrade for a better quality one, plus tax and shipping you are at $340.43. I'm not sure if the pistol will break down correctly with the fake can on. It doesn't appear hard to remove it. Grind the weld and remove the set screw. A thread protector is $15.00 online I think. Zach who did your GSG wants $50 to take the can off and clean up the threads. For $175 he will do that and then change the threading to a modern can size. He told me he has done a bunch of them over the years. Also factory mags are pretty expensive at about 50 bucks last I looked.

By the time I added it all up I decided I would rather have more of a shooter I could use in steel rather than a collector that I wouldn't use much.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Does the Beretta 71 fulfill a need or want for you? Personally I’d rather go with a Walther PPK, because Bond.
    You always know how to ask that hard question.
    I have shot a member's PPK .22LR (or was it a PPK/S?) with his son at the range, and it didn't do a thing for me, or I would have bought it at the time.
    I didn't care for the small Bersa .22LR, even though it was all-metal.
    I was also finicky about ammo, which I don't appreciate in a gun, but I've learn to embrace it over time.
    I did love the Beretta Bobcat tip-up barrel I had.

Quote Originally Posted by dbg326 View Post
    I've toyed with the idea of a Beretta 71. A lot of history with them, particularly with the Mossad. It was the weapon of choice for disposing of the scumbags responsible for the 1972 Olympic incident.
    Everything I've read mirrors your research in terms of quality and reliability. I'd like one, but I do also quite fancy a Beretta 21A or Taurus PT22.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I had read about the Mossad connection: intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by crewchief888 View Post
    I had one years ago. it was a fun little plinker/paper puncher. extra mags were extremely rare. I did eventually find one, but cost me almost as much as I paid for the gun.
    mine preferred mini mags
    I found one with an extra mag included.
    I wondered if it preferred the CCI SV or the HV; I had read where 1 guy said his ran well with the Mini-Mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricnzak View Post
    I read a bunch of great reviews about them. I was wanting to get one but decided to pass. Classic has them at $279.00. Add the best of 10 option and the upgrade for a better quality one, plus tax and shipping you are at $340.43. I'm not sure if the pistol will break down correctly with the fake can on. It doesn't appear hard to remove it. Grind the weld and remove the set screw. A thread protector is $15.00 online I think. Zach who did your GSG wants $50 to take the can off and clean up the threads. For $175 he will do that and then change the threading to a modern can size. He told me he has done a bunch of them over the years. Also factory mags are pretty expensive at about 50 bucks last I looked.
    By the time I added it all up I decided I would rather have more of a shooter I could use in steel rather than a collector that I wouldn't use much.
    I found one without the can for $375 which included the 2nd mag.
    It had been bought at a gun shop in Greenwood.
    I have full confidence in Zack. I have bought a few guns from him, and he has repaired/upgraded a couple for me.