Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 160 of 168 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1674

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Well plans changed a bit. I was really thinking Iíd pick up a S&W 617, do an Apex Mass driver hammer, red dot and maybe have made into a 3Ē. Life through a curveball today when I came across a 1973-ish Model 18-3. The blue is in beautiful shape. Overall, a much cooler revolver than building the 617 would have been.

More errands to run, but pics will be up later.
    What I great buy.
    I saw those for $1200 & $1600 today online.

User Info Menu

The new Model 18 wearing a set of Altamont grips.

ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

22plinkster posted that S&W is bring back the 648 in 22 WMR.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

SWEET!!! I have heard of those grips, and seen them in the past: not your $22 Hogue grips variety.

User Info Menu

Loved my 648.
    Popped a few chucks with it, ran it as my IHMSA Field Pistol.
    Got out of the sport, too $ for the kids to shoot plinking.
    No chucks anymore.........just was collecting dust.
    Sold it for twice what I paid.

Man if was a shooter. Had a couple targets, 2" groups offhand. 50 yards. Irons.
    Back to back too.

Never did try the Fed 50 gr. Had a couple rams defy the 40's. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Unfortunately I won't replace it w a 10 shot, layer lock model. Prefer the looks of the old 6 shooter.

Proly just get a bbl for the Contender. 12 or 14" would be wicked.
    Maybe a good red fox zapper..

Expert

User Info Menu

Nice.

Son, you have some small hands going on there. This thing was looking larger than a model 25!

I am not trying to pick on you but it did make me look to the top of the page to see if I was in rimfire or not...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    Nice.

Son, you have some small hands going on there. This thing was looking larger than a model 25!

I am not trying to pick on you but it did make me look to the top of the page to see if I was in rimfire or not...
    Ha! I canít argue that. I was not gifted piano fingers. It was a deciding factor in selling my 629, using the double action wasnít really an option. It also crosses off pretty much all of the Sig DA/SAs. Even 1911s are lifting feeling odd in the hand for me. J-L frame revolvers fit pretty well though so Iíve quickly adapted to them over semi-autos.

The Altamonts grips arenít helping, I may swap them for something else and put this set on the 67.
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thatís very cool,those grips just make that blueing look even better. Nice find

Expert

User Info Menu

Ha! I canít argue that. I was not gifted piano fingers. It was a deciding factor in selling my 629, using the double action wasnít really an option. It also crosses off pretty much all of the Sig DA/SAs. Even 1911s are lifting feeling odd in the hand for me. J-L frame revolvers fit pretty well though so Iíve quickly adapted to them over semi-autos.

The Altamonts grips arenít helping, I may swap them for something else and put this set on the 67.
    Larger hands aren't all that great when it comes to gun choices either.

Humphrey Bogart always used Browning auto's in the movies because the 1911's were too large for his hands.

I am having the same problem buying pistols to leave to my son-in-law, Browning Hi Power's are a stretch...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

If you are having trouble reaching the trigger on any S&W revolver you don't have the wrong revolver you have the wrong grips.
    There is very little difference in the frame grip area on the different size frames. The older guns might have a square butt frame that might feel different but again the grips make the difference.

K, L, N, X might feel different due to barrel weight, length, etc. The trigger pull length is the same on them. The controlling factor of reaching and working that trigger is the grips.
    A new N frame is the same size as a new K frame and L frame where you hold it. (the grip frame and trigger).