Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Here is my 10/22 build. It has a Green Mountain barrel, BX trigger, Tac-Star stock and a softer buffer. I now wears a Vortex Crossfire II 4x12.

Here is my $80 pawn shop Savage MKII with a rattle can chrome paint job. This thing loves Stingers. It has a cheap 3x9 scope on it.

Last edited by Bigtanker; 03-11-2019 at 13:59.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    Here is my 10/22 build. It has a Green Mountain barrel, BX trigger, Tac-Star stock and a softer buffer. I now wears a Vortex Crossfire II 4x12.

Have you been happy with the GM barrel?

And that 10” MkII is sweet. A 10” model has been on the list as a some day model.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Have you been happy with the GM barrel?

And that 10” MkII is sweet. A 10” model has been on the list as a some day model.
    I'm happy with the GM. I bought it used in the classifieds for something like $80. It makes it a little heavy to shoot off hand but it likes the bench.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Also interestinf is that your pistol looks to be a different blue. I think TacSol likes to do a lot of non-listed colors.
    theres a gunshop close to me that is one of the biggest tac sol dealers in the country, and they special order custom colors (from tac sol) red, purple, orange and blue just to name a few.

and he also orders a bunch from volquartsen too, his prices are pretty good (he's cheaper than midway and brownells), and he custom builds ruger 10/22's, mark 3 and 4's and brownings and ships them all across the country (he specializes in rimfire's).

BUT he hates (I mean HATES!) tandemkross (the business owners) and wont sell their products! he used too but not anymore (his shop has 2 sponsored shooters, and says if you use tandem kross products, i'll drop you!),one of the shooters shot my 10/22 (the one in my picture) and asked why mine shoots so much smoother, we compared parts, and the only difference is the bolt, his is stock, and mine is the tandem kross krossfire bolt, so its got to be the bolt that makes mine shoot smoother.

but if you don't want any TK parts, but need tac sol, volquartsen, or factory ruger parts (he sells factory barrel assemblies/parts from guns he upgrades, he sold me a new unfired 10/22 trigger group for 40.00) pm me, and i'll tell you who it is (he's not a site supporter).

in the pic I posted, all the pistol parts came from him, and all the rifle parts came from TK (all but the sight, the trigger housing, and receiver)
    Last edited by shootersix; 03-11-2019 at 14:40. Reason: cant spell!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post
    theres a gunshop close to me that is one of the biggest tac sol dealers in the country, and they special order custom colors (from tac sol) red, purple, orange and blue just to name a few.

and he also orders a bunch from volquartsen too, his prices are pretty good (he's cheaper than midway and brownells), and he custom builds ruger 10/22's, mark 3 and 4's and brownings and ships them all across the country (he specializes in rimfire's).

BUT he hates (I mean HATES!) tandemkross (the business owners) and wont sell their products! he used too but not anymore (his shop has 2 sponsored shooters, and says if you use tandem kross products, i'll drop you!),one of the shooters shot my 10/22 (the one in my picture) and asked why mine shoots so much smoother, we compared parts, and the only difference is the bolt, his is stock, and mine is the tandem kross krossfire bolt, so its got to be the bolt that makes mine shoot smoother.

but if you don't want any TK parts, but need tac sol, volquartsen, or factory ruger parts (he sells factory barrel assemblies/parts from guns he upgrades, he sold me a new unfired 10/22 trigger group for 40.00) pm me, and i'll tell you who it is (he's not a site supporter).

in the pic I posted, all the pistol parts came from him, and all the rifle parts came from TK (all but the sight, the trigger housing, and receiver)
    I know the shop of which you speak and may be headed that way sooner than my wallet would like.

User Info Menu

I know the shop of which you speak and may be headed that way sooner than my wallet would like.
    let me know when you go! there's a range like 2 miles away from the shop (red brush rifle range, and I happen to know someone whos a member ), and if I can get away, we could meet and greet and shoot some .22's! (and I can show off my .22 caliber beasts!)
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

User Info Menu

A 10/22 to make any Ruger lover cringe. Although I used the standard barrel, I did do a lot of personal updates to the receiver and it's parts. Basically hand fit and polished all parts. Amazing how much smoother the factory parts can become when you are an aircraft mechanic with an attitude.

Well almost all parts. I did try to make the trigger better, and succeeded to a get it a little better, but it still has a strange feel like you squeeze the trigger but someone else fires the rifle.

This bull-pup does get a lot of attention at the range!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post
    let me know when you go! there's a range like 2 miles away from the shop (red brush rifle range, and I happen to know someone whos a member ), and if I can get away, we could meet and greet and shoot some .22's! (and I can show off my .22 caliber beasts!)
    Will do!

User Info Menu

One more. CM-2 Kadet

Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    One more. CM-2 Kadet

Page 6 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast