Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 98 of 128 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Here is my CZ 455. It is a Tacticool with all DIP internals and rail, Fly Weight trigger, Atlasworx trigger guard, Trijicon Rings, Trijicon Illuminated 3-9x40, and Magpul Bipod. I know Iím missing a few things but it is a tack driver! I need to get some pics of my Volquartsen Summit as well. She is really fun to shoot and amazing for squirrels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccarver497 View Post
    Here is my CZ 455. It is a Tacticool with all DIP internals and rail, Fly Weight trigger, Atlasworx trigger guard, Trijicon Rings, Trijicon Illuminated 3-9x40, and Magpul Bipod. I know Iím missing a few things but it is a tack driver! I need to get some pics of my Volquartsen Summit as well. She is really fun to shoot and amazing for squirrels.
    Squirrels stand zero chance against hat I would believe.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Very nice!

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    ...I (and nearly all the Revere's Riders instructors) run our scopes WAY far forward. So far forward that most have extended rails and modified rings. If you aren't shooting prone competitions, this might not be as important to you but it is proper positioning.
    More info please. What parts are used and sources, photos, etc would be greatly appreciated.

I am already running into issues in unsupported prone (sling only) and sitting positions with the scope not being forward enough on this rifle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    More info please. What parts are used and sources, photos, etc would be greatly appreciated.

I am already running into issues in unsupported prone (sling only) and sitting positions with the scope not being forward enough on this rifle.

Getting an extended rail on the Kidd receiver could be fun with the built in rail. Since you mentioned you have the cheek riser, what about one of the cantilever ring mounts?
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

User Info Menu

My dream rifle! Very, very nice!
    With my limited knowledge about .22LR rifles, to me, this one is to .22LR rifles what the CZ Shadow 2 is to 9mm handguns.
    If I ever get to fire something besides a Ruger 10/22 Mannlicher, I might lose control, as I did when gmcttr let me shoot his Shadow 2 last summer.
    I used to be proud of my "thriftiness," but that went out the window, spending double than my other most expensive gun (also a CZ).

Wtih rifles, I suspect that the "good deal" has much to do with the scope with it, as well.
    I have so enjoyed reading about .22LR rifles in this thread, and have spent more time reading and researching them than handguns the past month, trying to acclimate pricing so I'll recognize a stellar deal when I see it.
    Just last night I saw one in the classifieds I was going to try out that I'd been watching, but had sold.
    That's two now I've missed b/c of my being slow and not knowing about pricing.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Getting an extended rail on the Kidd receiver could be fun with the built in rail. Since you mentioned you have the cheek riser, what about one of the cantilever ring mounts?
    You are right. After posting, I realized the Kidd receiver will not except other mounts.

The cantilever mounts I'm familiar with raise the scope height too much compounding the amount of hold over/under going from 25-100 yards.

I think my best bet is to move the rings forward one slot and move the scope as far forward in them as possible. I looked at having the front ring another slot forward when I installed it but it left a small portion of the ring on the tapered front portion of the base. I can gain 1/2" this way but it will also require modifying the back of the base for clearance of the scope adjusting ring.

The other (better?) possibility I will look at is re-drilling the base mounting holes back one slot.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

If you place both rings behind the reticle adjustment turrets, it looks like you'll get another 3 inches of forward adjustment on that rig.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    You are right. After posting, I realized the Kidd receiver will not except other mounts.

The cantilever mounts I'm familiar with raise the scope height too much compounding the amount of hold over/under going from 25-100 yards.

I think my best bet is to move the rings forward one slot and move the scope as far forward in them as possible. I looked at having the front ring another slot forward when I installed it but it left a small portion of the ring on the tapered front portion of the base. I can gain 1/2" this way but it will also require modifying the back of the base for clearance of the scope adjusting ring.

The other (better?) possibility I will look at is re-drilling the base mounting holes back one slot.
    I hadnít thought about the hold over/under change with the extra height.

TJ is right, you could gain some movement with both rings on the back half. Would it still be stable enough like that? Iíve seen it done, but never tried it.
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

User Info Menu

Weaver makes an extension ring.
    Ugly and I hate that old style of ring.............but.............

Weaver - Scope Mounting Rings - Detachable Top Mount
    Try these to get the ideal eye relief. They let you position your scope forward or rearward.

Part Number Description MSRP
    49090 1" MED EXT BLACK $34.45
    49091 1" MED EXT MATTE $34.45
    49043 1" EXT HIGH MATTE $34.45
    49060 1" EXT HIGH BLACK $34.45
    49035 1" EXT HIGH SS $45.45
    48448 1" EXT X-HIGH BLACK $34.45
    48449 1" EXT X-HIGH MATTE $34.45
    49061 1" DUAL EXT BLACK $36.95
    49045 1" DUAL EXT MATTE $36.95
    49155 30MM LOW EXT BLACK $41.95
    49150 30MM LOW EXT MATTE $41.95
    49156 30MM HIGH EXT BLACK $41.95
    49152 30MM HIGH EXT MATTE $41.95
    Last edited by Hookeye; 1 Week Ago at 08:01.

Page 98 of 128 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast