• ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hi, I'm Turbo and I'm a rimfire addict!

I've decided to start this thread as a place where we can discuss all things rimfire. I thought we would enjoy having a place where we discuss/show off any rimfire firearms or discuss other rimfire related items. Come share your rimfires! Whether it be a pistol, revolver or a rifle, it is welcome here.

In the past few years, I've acquired an eclectic collection of 22s. Some are built and some are stock. I've come to enjoy the spectrum of options available. Here are a few of the items from my collection.

The latest craze I've had is building Ruger MkIIIs.

WwiX5Dr.jpg

This 22/45 started the Rugers. It had full Volquartsen internals, a TandemKross Victory trigger and a TandemKross GameChanger Pro compensator. I enjoyed this one for about 6 months before the next Ruger showed up and just under a year before I stripped the upgrades and sold this one. It was a great gun and loved to be to run hard, but I never really warmed up to the polymer frame.

BitM2Hn.jpg

HQDn0YE.jpg

I acquired a limited run S&W 22A that I was able to work as a trade with a fellow INGO member for the above MkIII 6.8" Hunter (first picture). The list of upgrades for this one is VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger & Tk magazine release. My lovely wife quickly adopted this as hers. In my attempt to get it back, I found and built the 4.5" Hunter in the second picture above. Running all of the same upgrades as the large version, they are joys to shoot.

Hblma4h.jpg

I built this one between the two Hunters. This one is a basic Ruger MkIII Target frame, VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger, rosewood grips from Eagle Grips and a VQ LLV. It's my FrankRuger. The FrankenRuger is actually the lightest of the 3, despite being the middle for barrel length. It's handles beautifully and points perfectly with Eagle Grips.

The last one I'll share tonight is my wife's Tactical Solution X-Ring. It's in a Victor Titan Stock with a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO.

WiP2nJ7.jpg

Hopefully, this takes off and we can keep a healthy discussion going.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Great post, sir. I too have a fondness for rimfires. Will add a few here as time permits.

I've decided to start this thread as a place where we can discuss all things rimfire. I thought we would enjoy having a place where we discuss/show off any rimfire firearms or discuss other rimfire related items. Come share your rimfires! Whether it be a pistol, revolver or a rifle, it is welcome here.

In the past few years, I've acquired an eclectic collection of 22s. Some are built and some are stock. I've come to enjoy the spectrum of options available. Here are a few of the items from my collection.

WwiX5Dr.jpg

This 22/45 started the Rugers. It had full Volquartsen internals, a TandemKross Victory trigger and a TandemKross GameChanger Pro compensator. I enjoyed this one for about 6 months before the next Ruger showed up and just under a year before I stripped the upgrades and sold this one. It was a great gun and loved to be to run hard, but I never really warmed up to the polymer frame.

BitM2Hn.jpg

HQDn0YE.jpg

I acquired a limited run S&W 22A that I was able to work as a trade with a fellow INGO member for the above MkIII 6.8" Hunter (first picture). The list of upgrades for this one is VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger & Tk magazine release. My lovely wife quickly adopted this as hers. In my attempt to get it back, I found and built the 4.5" Hunter in the second picture above. Running all of the same upgrades as the large version, they are joys to shoot.

Hblma4h.jpg

I built this one between the two Hunters. This one is a basic Ruger MkIII Target frame, VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger, rosewood grips from Eagle Grips and a VQ LLV. It's my FrankRuger. The FrankenRuger is actually the lightest of the 3, despite being the middle for barrel length. It's handles beautifully and points perfectly with Eagle Grips.

The last one I'll share tonight is my wife's Tactical Solution X-Ring. It's in a Victor Titan Stock with a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO.

WiP2nJ7.jpg

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I'd consider myself one of Aeroflyer's closer friend's, and although I have since moved back to lovely New England, I'll post some the purchases he's influenced as time permits...

He knows he's blamed for a decent amount of the money spent on rimfires...

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area

Very nice Collection ..........Any particular reason for choosing the MKIII model over the others ? From some reading , I gather that model is not that popular to modify ?.........Maybe reading the wrong threads ?
    I have a SS MKIII Target ( 100% stock ) that I love , Just wondering what simple improvements a Novice could perform just to have a better shooter and function . It`s just used for target and plinking .
    View attachment 75582

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I love rimfires. My favorite is my 10" MKII. I bought it new about 1998. It has thousands of rounds through it. It's way more accurate than me.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Very nice Collection ..........Any particular reason for choosing the MKIII model over the others ? From some reading , I gather that model is not that popular to modify ?.........Maybe reading the wrong threads ?
    I have a SS MKIII Target ( 100% stock ) that I love , Just wondering what simple improvements a Novice could perform just to have a better shooter and function . It`s just used for target and plinking .
    View attachment 75582

For me, it’s a couple of things. The MkIIs are heel release instead of the typical magazine release, the safeties on the MkIV dig into my hand uncomfortably and the MkIIIs are cheaper since so many struggle to put them back together.

The VQ accurazing kit is relatively straight forward to install. The sear and sear spring can be a bit tricky without a third hand. Just order the kit for a MkII, it will include a magazine disconnect which actually helps the year down process.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    For me, it’s a couple of things. The MkIIs are heel release instead of the typical magazine release, the safeties on the MkIV dig into my hand uncomfortably and the MkIIIs are cheaper since so many struggle to put them back together.

The VQ accurazing kit is relatively straight forward to install. The sear and sear spring can be a bit tricky without a third hand. Just order the kit for a MkII, it will include a magazine disconnect which actually helps the year down process.

:yesway:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Heres my 10/22 build and the wifes mark iv 22/45 lite. Middle pic is 10/22 at 50 yards with pretty much perfect conditions. Mark IV target at 20 yards indoors. Both are great shooters.
    Sorry for the crappy pics.

257q1k6.jpg

hvxptw.jpg

2ewmvjc.jpg

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Heh. I've been feeling the rimfire itch lately too. Picked up a Marlin 60 because I just really wanted a simple 22 rifle without any add-ons. Gah, now I have 4 guns in 22. Must. Stop.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hi Turbo. My name is WT and I'm a .22 addict... :):

I don't have anything nearly as nice as you from a customized perspective. Most of my stuff is stock, or close to. I was a rimfire naysayer until about a year ago when I broke down and bought a S&W Victory. I was so impressed with it, I bought another to add a VQ barrel w/red dot and then a couple rifles. My latest purchase with a Mark IV 22/45 Tactical which I bought to eventually be a suppressor host for a Dead Air Mask, thanks to a MAC video. I tossed a PA micro dot on it and am happily blowing the center out of targets with it at the range. Looking forward to eventually dropping in the Apex trigger kit I bought for it. I can't wait for lollipop season to start up so I can get out the Anschutz bolt action rifle I got from patience. I have tons of ammo I'm going to be testing for accuracy this Spring, just cause I feel like it.

I love .22 for the accuracy and the price. It's nice being able to pick up ammo that's $.02 - $.06 per round that shoot just fine. I have to pony up a bit more for precision shooting, but for general plinking the cheapo ammo is just fine.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of some of mine:

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical:
    B9s9oWZ.jpg

Victory with VQ carbon fiber barrel:
    vktR8B5.jpg

Really bad pic of my Annie:
    XXsNb1R.jpg

I really need better pics of my rimfires!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    How are you liking the T1X? I have cash waiting for them to be in stock in 22lr.....

Plan to drop one in a KRG Bravo, and have a Vortex PST 6-24 sitting in the cabinet that's going on top of it :):

Top Bottom