Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 167 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Rimfire Madness: The Infection Begins

Hi, I'm Turbo and I'm a rimfire addict!

I've decided to start this thread as a place where we can discuss all things rimfire. I thought we would enjoy having a place where we discuss/show off any rimfire firearms or discuss other rimfire related items. Come share your rimfires! Whether it be a pistol, revolver or a rifle, it is welcome here.

In the past few years, I've acquired an eclectic collection of 22s. Some are built and some are stock. I've come to enjoy the spectrum of options available. Here are a few of the items from my collection.

The latest craze I've had is building Ruger MkIIIs.

This 22/45 started the Rugers. It had full Volquartsen internals, a TandemKross Victory trigger and a TandemKross GameChanger Pro compensator. I enjoyed this one for about 6 months before the next Ruger showed up and just under a year before I stripped the upgrades and sold this one. It was a great gun and loved to be to run hard, but I never really warmed up to the polymer frame.

I acquired a limited run S&W 22A that I was able to work as a trade with a fellow INGO member for the above MkIII 6.8" Hunter (first picture). The list of upgrades for this one is VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger & Tk magazine release. My lovely wife quickly adopted this as hers. In my attempt to get it back, I found and built the 4.5" Hunter in the second picture above. Running all of the same upgrades as the large version, they are joys to shoot.

I built this one between the two Hunters. This one is a basic Ruger MkIII Target frame, VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger, rosewood grips from Eagle Grips and a VQ LLV. It's my FrankRuger. The FrankenRuger is actually the lightest of the 3, despite being the middle for barrel length. It's handles beautifully and points perfectly with Eagle Grips.

The last one I'll share tonight is my wife's Tactical Solution X-Ring. It's in a Victor Titan Stock with a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO.

Hopefully, this takes off and we can keep a healthy discussion going.
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

Expert

User Info Menu

Great post, sir. I too have a fondness for rimfires. Will add a few here as time permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post

I've decided to start this thread as a place where we can discuss all things rimfire. I thought we would enjoy having a place where we discuss/show off any rimfire firearms or discuss other rimfire related items. Come share your rimfires! Whether it be a pistol, revolver or a rifle, it is welcome here.

In the past few years, I've acquired an eclectic collection of 22s. Some are built and some are stock. I've come to enjoy the spectrum of options available. Here are a few of the items from my collection.

This 22/45 started the Rugers. It had full Volquartsen internals, a TandemKross Victory trigger and a TandemKross GameChanger Pro compensator. I enjoyed this one for about 6 months before the next Ruger showed up and just under a year before I stripped the upgrades and sold this one. It was a great gun and loved to be to run hard, but I never really warmed up to the polymer frame.

I acquired a limited run S&W 22A that I was able to work as a trade with a fellow INGO member for the above MkIII 6.8" Hunter (first picture). The list of upgrades for this one is VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger & Tk magazine release. My lovely wife quickly adopted this as hers. In my attempt to get it back, I found and built the 4.5" Hunter in the second picture above. Running all of the same upgrades as the large version, they are joys to shoot.

I built this one between the two Hunters. This one is a basic Ruger MkIII Target frame, VQ internals, Tk Victory trigger, rosewood grips from Eagle Grips and a VQ LLV. It's my FrankRuger. The FrankenRuger is actually the lightest of the 3, despite being the middle for barrel length. It's handles beautifully and points perfectly with Eagle Grips.

The last one I'll share tonight is my wife's Tactical Solution X-Ring. It's in a Victor Titan Stock with a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'd consider myself one of Aeroflyer's closer friend's, and although I have since moved back to lovely New England, I'll post some the purchases he's influenced as time permits...

He knows he's blamed for a decent amount of the money spent on rimfires...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dbg326 View Post
    He knows he's blamed for a decent amount of the money spent on rimfires...
    People keep saying this like itís a bad thing. I havenít lead anyone astray yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    Great post, sir. I too have a fondness for rimfires. Will add a few here as time permits.
    I look forward to seeing them!

Plinker

User Info Menu

People keep saying this like itís a bad thing. I havenít lead anyone astray yet.
    Not a bad thing at all... But carefully watching the wallet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Plinker

User Info Menu

Very nice Collection ..........Any particular reason for choosing the MKIII model over the others ? From some reading , I gather that model is not that popular to modify ?.........Maybe reading the wrong threads ?
    I have a SS MKIII Target ( 100% stock ) that I love , Just wondering what simple improvements a Novice could perform just to have a better shooter and function . It`s just used for target and plinking .
    DSCN0179.jpg

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

I love rimfires. My favorite is my 10" MKII. I bought it new about 1998. It has thousands of rounds through it. It's way more accurate than me.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stocknup View Post
    Very nice Collection ..........Any particular reason for choosing the MKIII model over the others ? From some reading , I gather that model is not that popular to modify ?.........Maybe reading the wrong threads ?
    I have a SS MKIII Target ( 100% stock ) that I love , Just wondering what simple improvements a Novice could perform just to have a better shooter and function . It`s just used for target and plinking .
    DSCN0179.jpg
    For me, itís a couple of things. The MkIIs are heel release instead of the typical magazine release, the safeties on the MkIV dig into my hand uncomfortably and the MkIIIs are cheaper since so many struggle to put them back together.

The VQ accurazing kit is relatively straight forward to install. The sear and sear spring can be a bit tricky without a third hand. Just order the kit for a MkII, it will include a magazine disconnect which actually helps the year down process.

Plinker

User Info Menu

For me, itís a couple of things. The MkIIs are heel release instead of the typical magazine release, the safeties on the MkIV dig into my hand uncomfortably and the MkIIIs are cheaper since so many struggle to put them back together.

The VQ accurazing kit is relatively straight forward to install. The sear and sear spring can be a bit tricky without a third hand. Just order the kit for a MkII, it will include a magazine disconnect which actually helps the year down process.

Page 1 of 167 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast