• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-hit-in-face-robbed-of-gun-he-was-trying/article_52ca2e0e-fba6-5a60-b1d3-a9d62c4031b6.html#utm_source=nwitimes.com&utm_campaign=%2Femail-updates%2Ftrending&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=aa412a734e2ef75356f99a99217682945e0eefcf

HAMMOND — A Merrillville man was hit in the face and robbed of a gun Sunday after meeting several people in Hammond in an attempt to sell the firearm, police said.

Hammond police responded about 3:30 p.m. to the 2800 block of Carlson Drive for a report of a large fight, Lt. Steven Kellogg said.

A 20-year-old Merrillville man told police he arranged to sell a gun and met several people, who struck him in the face and took the firearm from him.

The man suffered facial injuries, police said.

Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Detective Sgt. James Onohan at 219-852-2997.

Last edited:

Vaquero11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indy
    You're right, be careful. Find a public place where there are plenty of video cameras. In my town there are "safe spots" to conduct internet transactions such as Craig's List and Facebook Marketplace, etc.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I read it as well. Never go to a meet alone, never meet when there are multiple people on the other side at the meeting.ALWAYS be switched on and armed!!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I would add if there is ANYTHING about the buyer/seller that strikes you as suspicious or unusual, walk away from the deal. A big stop sign is the guy who wants to argue that he doesn't need a IN DL or LTCH to buy my rifle. Then there was the INGO member who told me he wanted a gun with "no paper trail". No chance they're going to buy a gun from me. Seller's game, seller's rules!

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Seller's game, seller's rules!

AMEN, you wouldnt believe the crap i got on the FaceBook gun groups for demanding LCH. That ended pronto...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It's a boy scout thing...be prepared for anything. I don't think I would agree to meet 'several people' for a weapons sale without sniper cover.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Hammond is rough as a cob. I bought a gun there once off a couple characters. Consider myself lucky and won't be going that far north ever again.

Top Bottom