• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My father-in-law recently passed away. After general affairs were settled, my mother-in-law decided she didn't want her late husband's guns in the house anymore (fear of theft and misuse).
    My wife's older brother laid claim to 2 that were sentimental to him, a .357 and 12g I believe (unsure of makes/models).
    My M.I.L. wanted to have them appraised for sale. I explained to her I'd be happy to clean them up good to help ensure a fair price. I also explained to her that if inclined, I would be interested in purchasing some to hand down to my children for legacy sake.
    Nothing would please me more than to have my daughter hunt with one of her granddaddy's rifles.
    Only 2, (I left some available for my wife's twin sister & husband for the same option), but I ended up with a JM stamped Marlin 30aw lever in 30-30, and a Stevens model 72 crackshot .22 single shot. Both in very good condition despite being 40+ years old and not been shot in probably more than a decade.
    73e92e8aa2d52188cade74bdb49aaaa1.jpg
    9caaecdf8380b5f2708160e551051fd9.jpg
    a78695e1fc8d74b912013d9ca3b1d61e.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently did some work on 2 of those Crackshots for my BIL. They were family heirlooms and had been shot to death pretty much. Numriche had the parts/pieces I needed and both are being enjoyed again by the current young shooters in that blood line.

Very nice pieces OP. Very nice.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Your daughter will thank you.

The Marlin looks more like a late 1950 to early 1960's. Deer and squirrels with the family, nuff said...

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I recently did some work on 2 of those Crackshots for my BIL. They were family heirlooms and had been shot to death pretty much. Numriche had the parts/pieces I needed and both are being enjoyed again by the current young shooters in that blood line.

Very nice pieces OP. Very nice.
    Thanks. Looks like I need to replace the crackshots hammer due to some light rust/pitting. The rear stock is a bit loose so I'll have to inspect that as well. Other than that she's tip top.

The Marlin is mint. It even has the inspection sticker still on it...
    a9a28873b513b338c00c13f7f6bbe6a0.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Those are nice pieces, OP, and I'm glad the family was able to amicably distribute these heirlooms.

My mother-in-law, unexpectedly, brought us her late husband's small collection, for pretty much the same reasons. My son has an appreciation for his grandfather's weapons, and I'm glad they are staying in the family.

Thank you for sharing this!

Top Bottom