Crown Point Gun and Knife Show
    March 23rd 9 A.M.-5 P.M CDT
    March 24th 9 A.M.-3 P.M CDT
    Lake County Fairgrounds
    889 S. Court St.
    Free parking
    $5.00 admission

Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult
    Guns, knives, ammo, reloading supplies, military surplus, clips & magazines,
    and more

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    How has it been there lately? I went on a Saturday afternoon about a year and a half ago and it was the most "dead" I have ever seen it in regards to customer attendance. I have been at Crown Point years ago where it was so packed you were just about in a line the entire time as well.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    How has it been there lately? I went on a Saturday afternoon about a year and a half ago and it was the most "dead" I have ever seen it in regards to customer attendance. I have been at Crown Point years ago where it was so packed you were just about in a line the entire time as well.
    If it's anything like the last show it should be over 340 tables.

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    If it's anything like the last show it should be over 340 tables.

When I was referring to the time I went a year and a half ago and it was "dead" this was in reference to the customer and visitor participation only. Other than that the place was packed with vendors. It was just the guests that were scarce!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Crowds have picked up a bit. I can't speak for last month because I couldn't go. Since CP has 1 a month, a lot of folks stock up and not go as frequently. Once the Porter County Expo building remodel gets completed, I would anticipate the crowds getting back to normal over there. It's been a long dry spell.

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    Crowds have picked up a bit. I can't speak for last month because I couldn't go. Since CP has 1 a month, a lot of folks stock up and not go as frequently. Once the Porter County Expo building remodel gets completed, I would anticipate the crowds getting back to normal over there. It's been a long dry spell.

I think there gets a point to when anyone can say "I don't need to buy anything more." That's where I'm at. Beyond that it's just browsing, which can be fun, but yeah, I haven't gone in a really, really long time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Yeah. I expect Octobers Porter county show to be extremely busy after a 2 year hiatus.
    I'll probably hit the CP show Saturday morning. Nothing in particular im looking for but you never know what you might find. Sometimes i leave empty handed, but most times i usually leave with at least some more reloading supplies

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I have a buddy that picked up a new rifle & is looking for 6.5x53R if you have any.
    I don't have any with me at the show. I might have some at the store but I'm not sure. I've been so busy recently it's difficult to keep track of what I have. My Dad usually watches the store for me so he has a better idea of what I have than I do.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I don't have any with me at the show. I might have some at the store but I'm not sure. I've been so busy recently it's difficult to keep track of what I have. My Dad usually watches the store for me so he has a better idea of what I have than I do.

:yesway: I'll have him contact the store.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Definitely a big crowd. Hard to get around for sure. Got some decent deals. Cci primers for $25 per 1k. Picked up 500 lc 308 brass for $40. Got some 380 ammo at .20 per round and some 223 at .28 per round. Also bought the daughter a shirt from the Lake County K9 unit with the money going to help fund the k9s.
    All in all a pretty good show

Top Bottom