• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh Great.... :rolleyes:

Jonathan Mossberg is now CEO of Kalashnikov USA.
    Is he going to start making a pump action AK now? :dunno:

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    This looks promising. I would like to see when they start just releasing plain old Ak's in 7.62x39. As a side note, their website designates the local Indianapolis gun shop for these as being The Outdoorsman, which is in my opinion a very nice shop. AK pattern rifle lovers unite!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Create an SKS with Magpul furniture.

THIS!!

Ironic that Mossberg is taking over. You can really make a Kalashnikov cheaper, can you? All the various re-interpretations I've seen are trying to make it a little less ion the cheap end.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    First the MC1sc and now they are getting involved in the AK world. Looks to me like they are looking at diversifying their products. It would be interesting to see what Mossberg is able to accomplish over time.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Create an SKS with Magpul furniture.

Not exactly the same, but on a tangent note, since we're talking about AKs. I recently found out that Molot, the factory that makes Vepr, actually produce SKS for the civilian market and hunters in Russia. Now they don't exactly produce them. They get them from military storage, do an amazing factory restoration (by the looks of them), install AK optics mounts, and sell them. I've seen photos, and they look stunning. Their finish is near damn indestructible and they look like they've just come out of the factory. And how much do you think they cost? $244 by the current exchange rate for a 1952 SKS. Why they didn't import them and only stuck with the Vepr line, I do not know. They also have 2 or 3 other shotgun lines, which were also never imported here. Sad. I doubt we'll see any of them anytime soon.

Top Bottom