• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's hope that they are moving a little at a time.

Incrementalism can be your friend in business. Too bad Indiana is not reaching out to these type companies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Let's hope that they are moving a little at a time.

Incrementalism can be your friend in business. Too bad Indiana is not reaching out to these type companies.

Who knows they might be after all we have plenty of manufacturing talent here in the state.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Who knows they might be after all we have plenty of manufacturing talent here in the state.
    They very well may be, larger companies tend to iron out things like big moves under the table before they announce them. We have did away with inventory tax here haven't we?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    Surprisingly we are rated 22nd in gun friendly States I was very sad to hear that

Indiana is also not very income tax friendly in comparison.

Lake, Porter, LaPorte, and Marion counties are also very Democrat. As a Lake county resident I am not very pleased with this area, either.

Indiana has a ways to go but is still better than the surrounding competition.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states

Lake, Porter, LaPorte, and Marion counties are also very Democrat. As a Lake county resident I am not very pleased with this area, either.

Unfortunately I know:(

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Add Saint Joseph to that list.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hendricks county has PLENTY of warehouse space available, and more coming everyday. I guess I wouldn’t mind yet another Ronald Reagan PARKEDway stoplight in trade for a gun warehouse?

BlaineBug

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    NA
    Add Saint Joseph to that list.

I have been starting to realize now for awhile that Indiana is unfortunately not a supreme bastion of small government and constitutionalism. There is not a huge difference between northern IN and the rest of the state, regardless if you are in a red or blue county.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    You do know that a huge part of manufacturing exspecially plastic injection plants replace 8-12% of production employees on a weekly basis in Indiana.
    After working in a machine shop for 17 years and seeing the revolving door of operators I'm surprised the percentage isn't higher. The real talent tends to stick around but operators are a dime a dozen and they always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence,

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    After working in a machine shop for 17 years and seeing the revolving door of operators I'm surprised the percentage isn't higher. The real talent tends to stick around but operators are a dime a dozen and they always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence,

It was shocking to me that the three injection plants I have done sub work for have such a huge employee turnover, in the HDP / Keter Anderson and Alexandria plants the production employees average 70+% felons.
    More ankle bracelets than a courthouse on a busy day.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was shocking to me that the three injection plants I have done sub work for have such a huge employee turnover, in the HDP / Keter Anderson and Alexandria plants the production employees average 70+% felons.
    More ankle bracelets than a courthouse on a busy day.
    Depends on how you look at that. A guy with an ankle bracelet has nothing to look forward to, except going to work. At least he’ll be there.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I really don't understand people, I really don't. Look at the places we are encouraged not to buy from... Benchmade, cheaper than dirt, Dick's, and so on. The list is long and people lose track but they are passionate about not supporting businesses associated with being anti-gun. Then there is S&W in MA where they make guns and those buying these guns send their money to an anti-gun state. I really don't understand the thinking. Can someone explain why that is OK but not many of the others? Sounds hypocritical to me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I really don't understand people, I really don't. Look at the places we are encouraged not to buy from... Benchmade, cheaper than dirt, Dick's, and so on. The list is long and people lose track but they are passionate about not supporting businesses associated with being anti-gun. Then there is S&W in MA where they make guns and those buying these guns send their money to an anti-gun state. I really don't understand the thinking. Can someone explain why that is OK but not many of the others? Sounds hypocritical to me.

It's cute that people think they make any kind of impact with their little personal boycotts.

What brand of pistol do you recommend? I guarantee you that I can find something objectionable about the company.

Top Bottom