• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zz47331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Connersville
    It’s a used Model 27 .40 but appears to be in pretty good shape. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? Any feedback would be appreciated Guys & Gals.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    ^what he said. Except ive had 27's. Too snappy for me with the .40
    I like the 26 better. However, I never had a problem and a glock 27 was the first glock i ever shot as a kid. Congrats. It wont let you down. Now get some practice and training so you dont let yourself down.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It’s a used Model 27 .40 but appears to be in pretty good shape. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? Any feedback would be appreciated Guys & Gals.

That is one way to jump in with both feet ZZ. Glocks tend to be like licorice here at INGO: people who like them really like them. People who hate the really hate them. .40 S&W being a great and or dead caliber also has burned up a lot of bandwidth around here.

Full disclosure: G26 Gen 3 with two round extension is my EDC (everyday carry). 9mm guy says get a conversion barrel for that G27 and make it a G26.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Ones man's overnight distaste for all things .40 is another bargain hunters opportunity. Police trade-ins are getting more bountiful by the day. Nice choice OP. I have 1 Glock (22 gen3), and it has served me well through several courses. It is now part of my EDC rotation.
    802a3cce446820f2ed114c187238a25b.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I carry a Glock 27 almost everyday. I have for the last 15 yrs. It's been 100% reliable and the felt recoil was less than my gen3 Glock 22.
    I added a +1 extension to the factory magazine and it allows me to get a full hand grip on it. I also will carry it with a Glock 23 or 22 magazine as the reload.
    Happy Glocking.

Stay safe

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Glock 27's are great guns. My EDC is a 27 with a Lone wolf 357sig conversion barrel. I also have a 9mm barrel and mag for it. After I bought the 9mm barrel I sold both of my 26's.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Glocks are great carry gun, but I would make sure a Glock armorer went over a gun if it was used as a carry gun. There are too many guys taking them apart or adding after market "performance" parts.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Glocks are great carry gun, but I would make sure a Glock armorer went over a gun if it was used as a carry gun. There are too many guys taking them apart or adding after market "performance" parts.

I've seen more than my share of that and it is a real concern for reliability. If it's not too snappy for you enjoy it. If recoil or practice ammo cost is an issue 9mm conversion is an option but for reliability a few small pieces should be swapped other than the barrel.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Glock in 40 cal is a no no for me. They were never designed to be chambered in that caliber. They had issues with them. They rushed it to market to beat Smith at their own game.

My first Glock was a 40 and I promptly peddled it off. Recoil was stout and I couldn't hit anything with it. The model 19 is the holy grail of pistols. All I own now and keep a 43 around because it was a good deal.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ^what he said. Except ive had 27's. Too snappy for me with the .40
    I like the 26 better. However, I never had a problem and a glock 27

Same exact story for me. I had converted to .40 Glocks from .45 Glocks due to the size of the guns, but after a few years converted over to 9mm as the .40 was too snappy for me in the smaller sized guns. No issues with it other than that.

As said above, might want to have an armorer do a once over on it if you suspect any parts have been swapped. NHT3 above is the one I'd go to, but you may be able to find someone closer to you.

Top Bottom