• M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    "While Supplies Last"

So they have 5 guns

Always hated advertising like that cause it's misleading. Should be sticker price, plus applicable tax, then rebate. For Indiana the price when all said and done is $167.59, so it's not a lot, but it is misleading advertising

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    "While Supplies Last"

So they have 5 guns

Always hated advertising like that cause it's misleading. Should be sticker price, plus applicable tax, then rebate. For Indiana the price when all said and done is $167.59, so it's not a lot, but it is misleading advertising

So you want them to advertise all prices including sales tax, when that can be different from locality to locality?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So you want them to advertise all prices including sales tax, when that can be different from locality to locality?

Easily done anymore. It really is false advertising since you're not getting it at that price is 154 whatever after tax and in the ad as a whole they make no mention of sales tax

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Easily done anymore. It really is false advertising since you're not getting it at that price is 154 whatever after tax and in the ad as a whole they make no mention of sales tax

I don't recall seeing any mention of sales tax on most ads (i.e. grocery)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No tax on unprepared food items. Still tax on paper goods, dog food, cleaning supplies, etc.. And they don't advertise the tax on those items either.

Agreed, no one does, as there are different localities, etc and dealing with that for advertisements would be a pain, and would not serve the purpose anyway, not to mention dealing with that in print ads for many different localities.

Most websites do have an estimate shipping and sales tax online if you put in the zip code, etc of where it is going, but they aren't really going to advertise those prices, for multiple reasons. And yes, a website can pick up location from a browser (if location services are allowed, etc and the IP is not going through a proxy, etc, but there is no guarantee of that being correct). Not to mention that some sites don't charge tax to certain states yet.

There is a reasonable expectation that local sales taxes, etc will be charged in addition to an advertised price and to expect that to be displayed in the price or say false advertising, is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rural King Taurus G2C = $155

When I called them around noon that had 15 of these, and had sold 5-6 today already.
    I was coming back from Ft. Wayne buying a CZ P-07 from a member, so I'm passing today, but I was tempted.

mail

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I assume this is $155 that is paid by Rural King, to me, to compensate me for owning a Taurus?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I assume this is $155 that is paid by Rural King, to me, to compensate me for owning a Taurus?

They're gonna have to do better than that. :):

Seriously, though...the Taurus G2c is getting pretty good reviews, especially for a sub $200 9mm pistol.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have one with a stainless steel slide and it has been excellent except for the trigger bar safety which I glued in the off position because I didn't want to disassemble and remove it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "While Supplies Last"

So they have 5 guns

wrong.gif

Picked one up this evening at Rural King. The clerk said they had sold about 30 of them, and had more in stock. I got a gray frame, which is a really dark gray.

Cost with tax was $192.59. Used my 1.5% cash back Visa, so it will end up being $189.70 - $25 rebate = $164.70.

That's Hi-Point money. I've not seen a bad review on these yet, so I figured I'd get one to play with.

So far, I'm confused. It seems to be really well made, especially at the price point. Good ergonomics, good sandpaper texturing on the grip. Trigger is not bad, certainly better than some more expensive guns that I have owned and handled. Excellent short reset. Not a big fan of manual safeties, but this one is positive and doesn't seem like it would be easy to activate accidentally. Has second strike capability. Take down is easy, I didn't notice any burrs or obvious machining marks. And it's a nice looking piece.

It's certainly not going to replace my M&Ps, XD Mod 2, Sig P365 or Glock 45. But if it runs and shoots nice, I will...uh...maybe like it? :):

Could always serve as a bathroom gun. :)

G2c.jpg

Top Bottom