Knob Creek Shoot Spring 2019 - Friday and Saturday only, night shoots both night

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    FYI for those that haven't heard, the Spring 2019 Knob Creek Shoot is going to be quite a bit different this time around. It is going to be open to the public on Friday and Saturday ONLY - closed Sunday. Sunday morning will be vendor pack up time since doing that in the dark during the night shoot would be impossible. Unlike past shoots, they will be running night shoot relays on BOTH Friday and Saturday evening. The show and shoot is this Friday April 12th and Saturday April 13th.

So, who is planning on going? What exotic firearms and gun stuff do you want to find at the show? :smileak: :ar15:

As usual, when I'm not out shopping or shooting, I will be hanging out with the Abernathys at the C-11 inside endcap, so stop by and say hello! (next to the Soldier and War Shop, but not associated with them).

Sadly, the Traildust Surplus crew will not be at C-10. :(
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-owner-%93trail-dust%94-bloomington-dies.html

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Mrs. dekeshooter and I will be going for the first time this year.

This trip was her idea too. I'm telling ya, I have a good one.

Ill be looking for some M2 ball for my Garand and whatever else catches my eye.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm heading down Saturday morning with antoinei3 (staying through to the nightshoot of course).

I'm crossing my fingers that the weather won't hose us. Looks like rain Friday morning and thuderstorms Sunday currently, with Saturday looking decent. Might be muddy though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have attended several shoots there. Really had a great time.
    Problem the last time it was so crowded. I could not enjoy anything.
    Everything was booked up early.
    I got to shoot an M-14 full auto. I did not just pull and shoot.
    I did bursts. I purchased 3 mags. The OR seen i was really enjoying it.
    He handed me another mag.
    I went on the OZI course. I was at the creek and a new mag.
    I pulled the trigger and it did not stop. "IT" emptied the mag for me.
    I go to shoot another round.
    I seen the RO checking if my finger was on or off. It was way off.
    When I attended it was a three day open event. Night shoot only Saturday.

To who ever is attending, HAVE A GREAT TIME.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    How important is having cash to get a good deal on something? Last time I went was before everyone and their dog could take cc payments on a phone.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Does anyone know if the gun store itself is open during this event? If I was wanting to sell a gun to someone other than an Indiana resident or ffl holder, to see if they could do the transfer for me

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    How important is having cash to get a good deal on something? Last time I went was before everyone and their dog could take cc payments on a phone.

Cash us always top dog, but a lot of the big vendors do take CC's.

Did anybody else just go on Saturday? I think the day crowd was a little on the lite side. At least before noon it seemed really lite.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    We were there yesterday afternoon, was nice. Cash is easier but a lot of folks take card. Only lesson I learned was last fall, they don’t/weren’t doing do machine gun rentals on the lower range on Friday.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    They did rentals Friday, but they were winding down around 6:30 or so. The tipmann 22 range was empty and the other two vendors had just put away the cash drawers

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Had to pass this time..
    I always do my part for the Sumner's retirement package..
    I always stop & see Jr @ Biff's Gunworld on the way down to KCR..

See that Colt 1991-A1 Compact, I bought it from Jr in 1993 = 26years ago..

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    My wife and I were there on Friday. We had a great time. I scored some Blackhawk shirts for $10 ea and 3 pounds of Reloader-7 for $40! We saw and handled firearms that you just don't get to see every day and talk guns and shooting with some great like minded people. The amount of ammo that was sent down range during the 6 1/2 hours we were there was mind boggling.

The weapon that left the biggest impression on me was a lever action of all things. How often do you see a half round, half octagon, half length magazine Winchester Model 1894 in .38/55? To my eye, it was the sexiest gun there. Unfortunately, it was beyond my budget.

We we had a great time and plan to go back again.

Top Bottom