• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks. I think.:): I just bid on a shotgun. I don't need it so my bid was low but if I win it, I can use it or get my money back.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Haven't been to Christy's in years. Their gun auctions tend to get overheated and it is very hard to find bargains. If you participate, do some research and find the market price for these firearms and their condition before you bid.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Haven't been to Christy's in years. Their gun auctions tend to get overheated and it is very hard to find bargains. If you participate, do some research and find the market price for these firearms and their condition before you bid.

Yeah, I'm only at about 25% of what a new one is. I am not anticipating winning and I won't increase my bid much, if at all anymore.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just wish Christy's would hold their auctions on the weekend. They're always on a Wednesday and I have to work. Can't bid online from work (restricted), and bidding with a phone is just too much of a PITA. I've been to a couple, but I have to take a vacation day and I'm not sure it's worth it.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I just wish Christy's would hold their auctions on the weekend. They're always on a Wednesday and I have to work. Can't bid online from work (restricted), and bidding with a phone is just too much of a PITA. I've been to a couple, but I have to take a vacation day and I'm not sure it's worth it.

If you bid online you can put in a maximum bid and it will bid up in the increments for you automatically

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you bid online you can put in a maximum bid and it will bid up in the increments for you automatically

That's true I guess. I'd still rather be able to go in person. For this particular auction I didn't really see anything that "tripped my trigger" so to speak, but maybe in the future I might go that route (if I can't take the day off).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I got lucky at one of their auctions a few years ago, I picked up a M1 carbine, wwii issue that was all one manufacturer for $425. I could believe it when they said "Sold" and called my number!:rockwoot:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Congrats. Nice catch.

When I used to go, I only bought one gun at the high end of my price range and a couple of sets of ammo. Too much of the rest was going for ridiculous prices as people got into "bidding fever" and forgot the buyer's fees. It was interesting just to sit there and watch it all. Sat behind Don of Don's Guns one time.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    Wow, a 20% commission and 18% from the buyer? Is that normal for gun auction sites like this? That sounds excessive, but I guess if you’re in a jam it’s the easiest way to go.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I just did the same. I fully expect to get outbid, but for now, I'm the high bidder. :rockwoot:

Same. I just put in my max bid (which isn't much) I'll see what happens. Basically, I've decided I need to add a shotty to my collection and I'm seeing if I can do it on the super cheap.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    As has been said before careful of the premiums and buying sight unseen. I have been stuck by both taxes and the premium because i didn't do the math right. I've had a buddy that bought a Springfield 1903 that had a round stuck deep in the bore. But i have gotten some decent deals on revolvers which people tend to ignore.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just went to Christy's to preview the guns. The only one I was interested in, the Marlin 39M, was a serious piece of junk. I wouldn't have paid $50 for it. I didn't pay a lot of attention to other guns but it appeared to be a lot of low-end stuff which had not been well taken care of.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom