• ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    9c30b07e-800c-43e2-a796-c4d6616f0e8a

Finally got her to shoot with me. We stopped in at PSS and they had a .22 upper for 1911’s. The price was decent and she was in a good mood so we bought it. Brought it home and tried it on both 1911’s. Had some issues with the full size Springer. The initial hammer movement is stiff enough to limit slide travel. It’s not had as many rounds down the pipe as the compact and it was just the difference. The older more used compact cycled flawlessly.

More importantly she she enjoyed it and is willing to do it again! She even put 2 mags of big boy bullets down range. While she was hitting 7 of 10 with the .22 she was flinching and limp worsting the .45 and missed all but once.

It it was a good day!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    My wife started shooting with me a few years back...lost my 20 gauge Remington 11-87 premier to her. Upside... I got to go out and buy one in 12 gauge for me. Now we have matching.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Nice...and Congrats! Once someone has a positive experience, and can stay with or can go back to...
    they'll enjoy it for the rest of their lives!

Right after we got married (May 2003) my wife asked if I would help her buy a guy (using her own $$)
    so she could join me in my 'hobby'?

Sixteen (16) years, and 3 kids (ages 14, 11, and 10) later she's been through seven (7) pistols, and
    currently has her own Remington 870 Tactical 20 GA, and an Anderson 10.5" pistol...

My attitude is...I married 'up'!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm jealous when I read of your spouses shooting with you.
    That would be such a dream come true.
    When first married and finishing up my last year of college she was already teaching 1st grade.
    On weekends I would take her out to shoot a US Army .22LR Luger that I wish I would have kept: $20. (must have been a trainer?)
    She could hit cans set up w/o issue: I remember being surprised and pleased.
    I didn't realize that would be the high-point of our shooting life together. :dunno:
    How I wish!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Also learned we have something else in common. We were fighting over who got to sniff the open chamber. She loves the smell of burnt gunpowder as much as I do.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Also learned we have something else in common. We were fighting over who got to sniff the open chamber. She loves the smell of burnt gunpowder as much as I do.

WOW!
    Now if she starts using Hoppe's 9 as a perfume, you'll know she's a keeper. :):

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yeah that's what my wife wants next. She likes the Kimber Raptor 9mm.

Why do wives always like the most expensive piece available? When shopping at Cabelas for the wife's 1st pistol, she picked out the most expensive pistol in the case, a Kimber Micro 380 with the laser. Is it Murphy's Law, or what? I tried to push her towards the Browning and a couple cheaper options, but no way, she knew what she wanted.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The OP beat me. My wife took a ladies beginner pistol class class when we were married 25 years, for my latest birthday, she bought me range time so we can shoot together.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Why do wives always like the most expensive piece available? When shopping at Cabelas for the wife's 1st pistol, she picked out the most expensive pistol in the case, a Kimber Micro 380 with the laser. Is it Murphy's Law, or what? I tried to push her towards the Browning and a couple cheaper options, but no way, she knew what she wanted.

The Springer I bought my wife was the most I've ever spent on a gun.

Top Bottom