• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Came across this video on Tactical-Life.com and wanted to share what I thought was an interesting part of it. The video is of a guy being confronted by police while exercising his 2A rights. He is carrying a CMMG AR-9 pistol with a brace in a place where it is legal to open carry a pistol, but not a rifle.

At about the :48 mark, the cops begin to question him on his weapon and they seem to have difficulty understanding why it is not a rifle. Just a reminder that, while we all may be well versed on <16" barrel/brace configuration legalities, not all cops are gun guys and may have trouble understanding why a weapon such as this is not a pistol. They have to pull out their iPhones and get online to determine that he is correct in stating it is a pistol.

Makes me think also about how this situation might apply if you were carrying an 80% Glock build.

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/cops-respond-oklahoma-open-carrier/

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Meh. You deserve what you get when you go to a public park with an AR slung on your back and try to play the "bUt iT's a pIsToL!" game with the police. Their only priority is ending the public disturbance you have gone out of your way to cause, and they are not going to stand there and litigate the NFA with you.

Sorry not sorry, you're a retard if you do this. Every person who sees you behaving like this is going straight to the polls to vote for the most extreme gun-grabber they can find.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    On one hand sure, he's carrying a big ass pistol in an open carry state. Is it going to attract attention? Yes with an important but....it's perfectly legal. Then you must ask...should a bunch of LEO be dispatched with rifles drawn for perfectly legal activity? I would love it if citizens were actually aware of the law. Heck I'd love it if "the public" didn't feel so entitled as to initiate violence upon the innocent and think they won't get shot. So I don't especially like engaging in activity that will get the cops called (even if legal) but I very much like "the public" getting their head out of their rear and learning a bit about the second amendment. At some point, either PSA's need to go out or edgelords need to walk in parks with big pistols? I'm not sure if there's something in between?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Ditto. He was looking to stir trouble. If you want to act like a jerk you'll look like a jerk. 'Second Amendment Audit'. Geesh.

Waiting for Uncle Kirk to chime in with some eloquent statement...

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I agree this guy is an idiot for his approach. I posted this to comment more on the cops not understanding the differences about an AR pistol.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Makes me think also about how this situation might apply if you were carrying an 80% Glock build.

/

im smarter than that, I wouldn't carry one!, nor would I open carry an ar15 in a public park either!(even if its a pistol!) or walk into a fast food restaurant wearing a shirt and shoes and no pants!, why...because im not an idiot!

why even try something like that?...15 minuets of fame?... or do you want to get shot?...cause that's how you get shot!...

I can see it now...
    police dispatcher "caller reports a man in the park with a gun"
    police officer thinks "I AM going home tonight!"..."I WILL shoot if I have to!"
    dumb a$$ in the park makes a sudden move...and gets shot!

and boom more fuel for the "anti gun movement"

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Maybe the guy was an idiot to do this.
    But we're also told by police "ignorance of the law is no excuse".
    That should at least apply equally to those whose job it is to enforce the law.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Excuse for what? This guy went out trying to provoke contact in a jurisdiction that differentiates between rifle and pistol for carry and had a "pistol" that looks as much like a rifle as possible. Ultimately, the police check him and it out and they go their ways. No excuse needed.

That jamoke, Mr. "Second Amendment audit" referred to the brace, at various times as a "forward grip" and a "buttstock". Smooth move, Exlax.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree this guy is an idiot for his approach. I posted this to comment more on the cops not understanding the differences about an AR pistol.

I'm not exactly sure I understand.

That sure looks like 14.5" barrel.
    Then it's got a "brace", that looks like a buttstock, it's long and flat, and when no feds are watching, is used like a buttstock...

Those stupid cops - obviously a pistol.

This is why we can't have nice things. This is how the city council, or state, creates a common sense description of a handgun that excludes franken-pistols like this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here's a video, where an INGOer talks about his rifle with what appears to be the same buttstock.

[video=youtube_share;w65Xf2SnWkk]http://youtu.be/w65Xf2SnWkk[/video]

(Nothing against the him, but just using it as support that the whole braced pistol vs. SBR thing is dumb.)

Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Sure. Remember all the mopes that HAD to poke the bear and write letters, brace doing this, doing that, doing it up my arse, blah blah blah. Give me a break.

Why poke the bear if you don't need to. Geniuses...

I'm not down on LEO either. They have more important things to do than go through a 'second amendment audit' BS.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    On one hand sure, he's carrying a big ass pistol in an open carry state. Is it going to attract attention? Yes with an important but....it's perfectly legal. Then you must ask...should a bunch of LEO be dispatched with rifles drawn for perfectly legal activity?

"Man with a rifle massacres 20 people at neighborhood park, police ignored initial calls and claimed 'It's probably an open carry audit'."

Walking around the park with a rifle is an aberrant and concerning behavior and police are absolutely correct to respond to calls about it.

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    "Man with a rifle massacres 20 people at neighborhood park, police ignored initial calls and claimed 'It's probably an open carry audit'."

Walking around the park with a rifle is an aberrant and concerning behavior and police are absolutely correct to respond to calls about it.

First person to hit the nail on the head.You know it's not a good idea to walk around a public park with an AR pistol, especially in an era where mass shootings are plastered on TV. If I see someone waking around with an AR pistol in an environment that doesn't call for an AR pistol, I'd be weary too. You're just begging for attention and begging to be on Youtube so you can be that "oh, so cool" and "edgy" guy. Makes us look bad.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    I didn’t think a forward vertical hand brace where aloud on pistols??
    Did I see one on our 2A auditors pistol, I mean rifle, I mean pistol/rifle thing?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I couldn't watch the entire video. That guy is a dumbass who is just trying to get people all enraged.

I don't expect LEO to know all the laws. That is silly. Of course I want them to know the laws that I think are important, but realistically nobody can be proficient on all of them.

He claims that they have been doing this in many towns to get people to know what is going on. With all the doublespeak I heard in the video I do not want someone like that teaching anything for my side.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Where are all the hard core INGoers calling out the wishy-washy, Fudd-esque posts in this thread?:stickpoke:

I'm a little disappointed. This thread had potential.
    Came here for the :popcorn: and only got:buddies:.

Top Bottom