Not open for further replies.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm not from Indy and seldom make it there. I and a few buddies are going again this year to the NRA Annual Meeting. The last time we were up there, we paid for parking at a garage about 4 blocks away. The price wasn't bad, either. Can anyone give me an idea of the location of said garage or other decent parking close to the venue? We are all oldsters and the closer the better.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Look in the NRA Convention thread. I asked about this and someone posted a link to a parking reservation service. I got a spot in the Con. Ctr garage for $30. Yes, pricey, but I am just there for the day and have short time. The convenience is worth it to me.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yup. Look in the Nra convention thread but the name of the app that helps you locate and prepay for parking is called Parkwhiz. I used it also. Paid $27 and im just west of the convetion center.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    Snorko is correct. The convention center parking garage is directly across the street and has a tunnel connecting it to the convention center. It can be expensive and if you're planning on being there Friday it will be very packed due to it being open to State government employees. It is located on Maryland Street and if you don't mind walking a few blocks there are couple of other garages on the same street a bit further down that may be a bit cheaper. There is also an open lot just to the south of Lucas Oil that is used for convention parking. I've seen it as cheap as $10 and all the way up to $30. Since its on the back side of the stadium its a little bit of a walk to get into the convention center as well.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Keep in mind if you are armed you can not use the parking garage on senate/New York or the one at Washington and westst. They are part of the gov center.

Glock Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    The Convention Center doesn't have any public parking lots or garages. However, several hotels connected by skywalks have available parking. Just remember, the closer to the venue, generally, the more expensive it is to park. You may be able to find a parking deal on Saturday and Sunday by parking in the state government garage just west of the Westin Hotel and east of the JW Marriott.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Also keep in mind, there are many many electric scooters in town. You could park any where in the city then grab a scooter to the convention center.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks for all the info., it is very helpful. I downloaded and printed out the map. I wish I could find the lot with the indoor/ outdoor parking we found the last time after 45 minutes of driving around!

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I recommend parking at the Circle Center Mall. From the middle of the Mall on the third floor, you can walk through above ground tunnels to the convention center. The maximum fee is $22 for the day, and the mall is doing so poorly you won't really compete with people shopping there, only downtowners who park there for work, or others going to the convention. If you google search "Circle Center Mall Parking" it will show multiple garages tied to the mall. World of Wonders I think is the closest to the convention center.

Hope it helps...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I end up going, I'll first try to find a meter and if not I'll hit a garage. I parked in the Indiana State Museum the last time.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you download and set up the App ParkMobile, you can use a credit card to feed the parking meters for the day without having to keep going back to them every few hours...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you download and set up the App ParkMobile, you can use a credit card to feed the parking meters for the day without having to keep going back to them every few hours...

I have it and I use it frequently here in Bloomington. Probably one of the most useful apps I have on my phone.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I recommend parking at the Circle Center Mall. From the middle of the Mall on the third floor, you can walk through above ground tunnels to the convention center. The maximum fee is $22 for the day, and the mall is doing so poorly you won't really compete with people shopping there, only downtowners who park there for work, or others going to the convention. If you google search "Circle Center Mall Parking" it will show multiple garages tied to the mall. World of Wonders I think is the closest to the convention center.

Hope it helps...
    Thanks. This sounds like a great option. We can just plug the address into the GPS!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Thanks for the Spot Hero tip! I also found a promo code: FIRSTSPOT10 for a 10% discount.

My son and I are coming down for the TGC panel on Sunday afternoon. I found a garage for $9!

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Not to thread-jack but does anyone have a guess how bad the traffic's going to be on Friday? Anyone with experience from the last time it was held in Indy care to chime in?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not to thread-jack but does anyone have a guess how bad the traffic's going to be on Friday? Anyone with experience from the last time it was held in Indy care to chime in?

I really didn't notice a lot of increased traffic. Indy is a pretty busy place and I don't think the Friday NRA traffic will add all that much, especially if you are going early.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom