• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    Reports claim the woman from Florida that went to Colorado to re enact the Columbine shooting bought a shotgun from a dealer in Colorado

I thought you could only buy from immediately adjoining state for some reason

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I understand with handguns they need to be shipped to a FFL here in Indiana if you are buying out of state. Most shops probably just sell handguns only to those in their state. Rifles can be bought in some states just like buying one here in IN. A shop in North Carolina said all I need to do was fill out the form and I could take the rifle with me. Have bought a rifle in Ohio.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    As I understand it, federal law does not prohibit purchasing long guns in person at an FFL in a state other than the one you have residency in, provided you pass the same 4473. However, state laws can prohibit this, and I believe both the home state and the second state can prohibit it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well crap. I thought the "adjacent state" thing was still law. I found a nice G43 in Alaska last month and was tempted to buy it but the hassle of shipping it to a local FFL from up there put me off.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well crap. I thought the "adjacent state" thing was still law. I found a nice G43 in Alaska last month and was tempted to buy it but the hassle of shipping it to a local FFL from up there put me off.

As in Glock 43?

Yeah, no, handguns are still a no-go for this.

Or maybe you found a Gehwehr 43? :dunno:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yes, Gehwehr 43. In reality, most of those don't run well. Even the Germans dropped them as soon as they found a SVT-40.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Can you buy guns in a state other than the one you live in?
    IOW can I buy a shotgun in Colorado?

Yep. You can even buy NFA items "in a state other than the one you live in."
    I bought my OSS Suppressor at The Gun Vault in South Jordan, Utah when I was out visiting my son in SLC a few years back.

Pain in the arse to it though. Must Form 3 from dealer to dealer (took about 4 weeks for BATFE approval) before you can even start the Form 4 (another 9 months).

Top Bottom