• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    Letters are going out in the mail to people who participated in the Washington state bump stock buyback as follows:

(2) individuals have requested the names and addresses of ALL participants in order to create an online database where this info will be displayed on a map.

WSP says that this release is in accordance with Revised Code 42.56.

Absent a court order by April 26 (under RCW 42.56.540) enjoining this request these records will be released.

Requestor 1 - Yati Arguna

Text Of Records Request

argunayati@gmail.com

Sent: Friday March 22 2019 9:44am

To: Webmaster - Pub Rec Reqts

pubrecs@wsp.wa.gov

Subject: Public records request

"This is a public records request.

I seek to inspect any and all completed WSP bump stock buy back forms.

I seek to obtain the names and addresses where checks will be mailed for the bump stock buy back program.

My intent is to create a searchable database and map of Washington state to overlay the locations.

The public has a right to know that these dangerous devices may have been in neighborhoods that they live in and who has previously owned such devices."

~

Requestor 2 - Paul Holgate
    PaulHolgate@Gmail.com
    5120 W 3rd Avenue
    Kennewick Wa., 98336

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That sounds like a load of :poop:. I wonder if someone could request the names and addresses of all women that had purchased sex toys with a credit card because they wanted to publish those names to let their neighbors know where these "over-sexed" women lived in their neighborhoods. :rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That sounds like a load of :poop:. I wonder if someone could request the names and addresses of all women that had purchased sex toys with a credit card because they wanted to publish those names to let their neighbors know where these "over-sexed" women lived in their neighborhoods. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great idea for a iPhone app! Maybe like Uber eats or something.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Piece of plastic = “dangerous devices”.

I can appreciate how contact info for those requesting names/addresses of former bump stock owners is included...public’s “right to know” and all that...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Law of Unintended Consequences strikes again...

What the **** is a "buyback" anyway??? Did the entitites which previously sold the bump stocks to their current owners actually return the buyers' money in exchange for getting the devices back?

"Buyback..." I ****ing HATE that term!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So why does it matter who owned them if they have been turned in? The potential for any harm, if there was the potential for harm, has been alleviated by the surrendering of the bump stocks.

The only purpose that I can see from this request is to name and shame likely firearms owners, and to cause them to pause in exercising their rights.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    So why does it matter who owned them if they have been turned in? The potential for any harm, if there was the potential for harm, has been alleviated by the surrendering of the bump stocks.

The only purpose that I can see from this request is to name and shame likely firearms owners, and to cause them to pause in exercising their rights.

Correct. This is about doxxing gun owners, plain and simple. Hopefully it will make people think twice about participating in such non-sense in the future.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I had a recent conversation with my stepdaughter regarding the paper trail created by a universal background check. This is a great example of why there should be national opposition to all these schemes.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wonder if the requester has to publicly provide their home address? I see an email address, but they should have to provide their own verified home address as well.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    So the buy-back has already taken place? And people had to provide personal information? Who would expose themselves like that?

I hope this ****-for-brains gets nothing but a bill from his attorney!

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Wonder if the requester has to publicly provide their home address? I see an email address, but they should have to provide their own verified home address as well.

They did. See the original post, it has the requestors name and address (and email) listed. I looked it up. He's got a sport bike parked in the driveway. Seems to me that his bike is likely way more dangerous than his neighbors bump stock, seeing how most sport bike riders operate them like complete maniacs.

Top Bottom