AZ: State police ditch FNS 9 because it fires when it's not supposed to...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    … and sometimes doesn't fire when it IS supposed to.

They're moving to Glocks.

Video at the link of FNS 9s firing when given a tap on the (presumably out-of-battery) slide with a hammer and no finger on the trigger.

https://www.azmirror.com/2019/04/22...uietly-replacing-guns-issued-to-all-troopers/

The article is poor in that it starts with an entirely different problem -- a gun in holster being discharged because a key worked its way into the trigger guard -- but then gets around to the out-of-battery problem.

DPS spokesman says they are ditching the pistol because it's no longer in production, but.... hmmmm.

In other news, my last post before hitting the NRAAM in Indy. See you there.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Weird that they went to the Glock.
    You'd think they'd want to upgrade a bit instead of downgrading..... A LOT. :n00b:

Edit - I just read that they had Sigs before purchasing the FNSs. So they did have quality guns once but since then have been downgrading down for years.
    Next stop, Kel-Tec or Hi-Point to scrape the bottom.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guns can discharge without fingers on triggers? Huh, go figure.

I'll wait here as INGOperts on gun safety tell us that this is a lie. I foresee teeth talk, citations to shooting "all meye lie-if" and a "meye ryeeettts" or three.

Let me get coffee.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Guns can discharge without fingers on triggers? Huh, go figure.

I'll wait here as INGOperts on gun safety tell us that this is a lie. I foresee teeth talk, citations to shooting "all meye lie-if" and a "meye ryeeettts" or three.

Let me get coffee.
    Wut?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This is such an esoteric and unlikely problem that the big internet freakout over this "problem" is entirely unjustified IMO.

You shouldn't ever shove the muzzle of a gun against something and take it out of battery in the first place. It seems like of like complaining that your car was designed with a water intrusion issue after you drive it into a lake.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    … and sometimes doesn't fire when it IS supposed to.

They're moving to Glocks.

Video at the link of FNS 9s firing when given a tap on the (presumably out-of-battery) slide with a hammer and no finger on the trigger.

https://www.azmirror.com/2019/04/22...uietly-replacing-guns-issued-to-all-troopers/

The article is poor in that it starts with an entirely different problem -- a gun in holster being discharged because a key worked its way into the trigger guard -- but then gets around to the out-of-battery problem.

DPS spokesman says they are ditching the pistol because it's no longer in production, but.... hmmmm.

In other news, my last post before hitting the NRAAM in Indy. See you there.

This should be less confusing.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-period-end-story.html?highlight=End+of+story.

Top Bottom