• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I'll be driving to Cleveland for work and thought about stopping in. Anybody been there, is it worth the stop? I dont belong to any of the clubs they require, can you sign up on the spot?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think you have to be a member of an affiliated organization to buy from them. The Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association is one such org. that you could join online. Indiana State Rifle And Pistol Association

From what I've heard it's well worth the visit. I plan on going one of these days (that I'm not working).

For more information on their procedures you could browse: https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/sales-faq/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you have a LTCH that also counts as a "shooting activity". You can join the Garand Collector's Association (gca.org) for 25 bucks a year. They send you 4 pretty cool magazines a year and that counts as a CMP-affilliated organization. Other than that (if you find something you want to buy), you'll need proof of citizenship - birth certificate or passport works for that. The link Thor provided should cover it all. Definitely worth the visit IMO.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You can join the GCA right at the CMP store.
    Down load all the forms, print and fill out beforehand. Take them and the things you need. Pick out a rifle, join GCA, pay and either have it shipped or bring it with you

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Check the store reports on the cmp forms. Seems to be a dry spell followed by amazing weeks. If your visit will not be on day one; recommend calling to ask about #s.
    Keep in mind no-one at the stores control the inventory.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Also take your ssn card. I was 1 type of ID short. But, overnight shipping on a rifle was cheaper than paying the tax if you took it with you. The grounds are historic in their own rights. Many of our countries finest shooters have entered those gates. As a gun enthusiast it's just one of those places you need to experience.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Also take your ssn card. I was 1 type of ID short. But, overnight shipping on a rifle was cheaper than paying the tax if you took it with you. The grounds are historic in their own rights. Many of our countries finest shooters have entered those gates. As a gun enthusiast it's just one of those places you need to experience.

^^THIS!!

Proof of US citizenship is also a requirement. Passport or birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization. I made the trip oonce. It was worth it, but I left empty handed. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your trip and bring a drool rag!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not absolutely certain, but I think they've changed the rules if you buy in person. Apparently Ohio was none too happy about not getting their tax money so I don't think it can be avoided this way now. Best to check with them via their website contact info.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I have family that lives near by and have stopped there often when I’m in the area. To be honest with you there inventory at the store have been very sparse at best. Still nice to stop in if your not too far away.

Top Bottom