• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I got the bug to build a pistol, then I remember why I sold my Sub 2K. Even with all the mods it was like being ***** slapped every time I pulled the trigger. What an AR pistol shoot like?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I got the bug to build a pistol, then I remember why I sold my Sub 2K. Even with all the mods it was like being ***** slapped every time I pulled the trigger. What an AR pistol shoot like?

Sub2k's are garbage lol.

Some AR pistols are quite pleasant, some are not. I'm a huge fan of 300blk in pistols. It's soft, it suppresses well, and it's easy to build. My most recent build is a 300blk pistol and it's my favorite rifle caliber pistol. 5.56 in my 7.5" sbr without a suppressor is violent, It empties the conservation club riffraff quick. with a can its pleasant.

I have a 45acp AR sbr that's an absolute blast. I loved it as a pistol so I sbr'd it. They aren't cheap and take some dialing so I don't recommend them to novices but if you got some experience they are great. 9mm ars are soft shooting fun cannons too.

With proper bracing AR pistols are some of the most fun you can have shooting semi autos.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I really like my 11.5" barrel build in 5.56. So much so that I plan to SBR it soon.

I have a plain old A2 birdcage flash hider on it and I don't notice it to be any louder or harder recoiling than my 16" carbine AR.

Ultimately it probably will end up wearing a can, but that's more of a "just because" rather than really having a need to make it quieter.

6Pch5eq.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    My AR pistol build was the best gun decision I've made in a long time. I have full sized AR's and do not find shooting the AR pistol any different as far as comfort goes. Just be sure to get the SBA3 Brace... It is awesome!

Like Nike says, "Just Do It"!

pNawuFjl.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    My AR pistol build was the best gun decision I've made in a long time. I have full sized AR's and do not find shooting the AR pistol any different as far as comfort goes. Just be sure to get the SBA3 Brace... It is awesome!

Like Nike says, "Just Do It"!

pNawuFjl.jpg

Nice setup. Very similar to mine right down to the M&P 2.0 compact.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Sub2k's are garbage lol.

Some AR pistols are quite pleasant, some are not. I'm a huge fan of 300blk in pistols. It's soft, it suppresses well, and it's easy to build. My most recent build is a 300blk pistol and it's my favorite rifle caliber pistol. 5.56 in my 7.5" sbr without a suppressor is violent, It empties the conservation club riffraff quick. with a can its pleasant.

I have a 45acp AR sbr that's an absolute blast. I loved it as a pistol so I sbr'd it. They aren't cheap and take some dialing so I don't recommend them to novices but if you got some experience they are great. 9mm ars are soft shooting fun cannons too.

With proper bracing AR pistols are some of the most fun you can have shooting semi autos.

Dang, now undecided about caliber, never thought about 300 blkout...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I want one in a pistol caliber. Just need to start researching if I want an AR platform that accepts 9mm Glock mags, or a proprietary setup like a Sig MPX or the like (pricey).

Grand power Stribog. It's a monster 9mm subgun. The new version shops w 3 30rd mags and non recip charging handle. They have an AR brace adapter, or safety harbor has an mcx pictinny brace adapter. I have a form 1 in process right now to put a stock on mine. Here is the link to the new version. It's my favorite pcc right now.

aN0vqCi.jpg

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    You won't regret going with 300 Blackout for a pistol build. The ballistics of 300 Blackout are much more suited for short-barrel pistol use than 5.56. Plus, 300 Blackout is great for suppressing too!

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I want one in a pistol caliber. Just need to start researching if I want an AR platform that accepts 9mm Glock mags, or a proprietary setup like a Sig MPX or the like (pricey).

CMMG has one that takes AR mags. You can get their mags or get the parts to convert yours. Someone had a AR9 here that also used AR mags, just swap the guts.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product/70998/

You guys need to think lighter.

iLxSL38m.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    CMMG has one that takes AR mags. You can get their mags or get the parts to convert yours. Someone had a AR9 here that also used AR mags, just swap the guts.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product/70998/

You guys need to think lighter.

iLxSL38m.jpg

I prefer the reliable feed from smg style magazines for pcc. High quality steel colt style 32rd mags are 18 dollars and can be 42 Rd mags for another 30 dollars. The gutted 5.56 mags were spendy from what I saw

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    AR pistol builds are awesome! I have experience with the SBA3 and the KAK brace. Both get the job done, but man, the SBA3 hands down wins it in my book. Super comfortable and easily adjustable. The KAK is okay. It’s not very comfortable on your cheek and you have to set it with a set screw so you can’t adjust it as easily. I just bought another SBA3 for my next build.

Have a 10.5” in .223, a 8.5” 300 Blackout, and I just bought a 9mm barrel and bcg from CMMG and I’m using their new ARC 9 mags which is basically the ENDO mag without the integral ejector that fits into a PMAG shell. Excited to get started on this next build.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I built a 9mm pistol on a PSA dedicated 9mm lower that uses Colt mags.
    You can't slap the grin off of your face after shooting that thing.
    That grin just takes hours to wear off, and with 32 round mags...well...now I want to go shooting again.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I was never a fan of the pistol braces.That is, until the SBA3 came out.

I love my .300 BO SBR, but can't travel with it. I ended up getting a Palmetto State Armory pistol lower for it with the SBA3. Now, if need be, I just put the upper on the pistol lower, and swap the VFG for an AFG... Now I also have a 10.5" Palmetto 5.56 upper coming, so I'll not have to go to the longer AR for 5.56. I probably never SBR another. Hate waiting 8 or 10 months for crap like government permission on a tax stamp.

Here is the current 11.3" SBR .300 Blackout upper on both lowers.

NG3rK7y.jpg

Top Bottom