• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Factory CZ triggers, on non-competition models, can be rough. They smooth up with use or you can get it polished to speed things up.

I don’t find most stock Sig triggers to be significantly better than factory CZs, until you get into the Legion lines.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I pick Sig personally. Have a few. Have no CZs. Triggers on the Sigs can differ. One of the best I've felt was a buddy's old folded slide P226. Super smooth. But that one has been shot quite a bit.

Some other options I would recommend you consider are the Walther PPQ and the H&K VP9.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    You can't beat a tuned cz. Stock, I'd have to give it to sig. I like the really broke in sigs. Especially the old w. German ones.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    You can't go wrong with ethier one. I am a Sig guy though. CZ slides are a little more difficult for me to rack because they sit lower.

My two cents, rent both or ask doddg (spelled incorrectly). He has shot and reviewed just about every 9mm haha

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I do not own any Sigs, so I cant speak to them really. I do have a few CZ's, though and I am a big fan. I can say that if you are looking at a Shadow 2, that is an amazing pistol! The trigger is very nice on mine and it is ridiculously accurate (most CZ's are). Stock CZ 75 triggers can be a bitt gritty in the beginning, but they break in well. The Cajun Gunworks hardware is very good stuff.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That's what I've been reading. It's hard finding CZs in Indiana, though, so just imagine trying to find a good deal on a tuned one . Do you think sigs are worth the couple hundred more over the price of a CZ, though? I'm keeping my eyes out for the German sigs, too.

By the time you get a cz where you want it, itll run you about the same as a new sig legion. I have shot a few cz's that started out as surplus guns that just blew my mind. Looking at you Mr. Wizard.

It all depends on your personal taste. Me, I want both, and lots of them in all flavors.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    While we're on the topic does anybody know if one is more reliable than the other? Which company's warranty or customer service is better?

I've heard good things about Sig's customer service. I don't recall ever hearing about anyone needing CZ's.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I just went through this.

The cz is awesome and looks to have all the same features and ergos as the sig...but...

I have smaller/medium sized hands and the sig with the one piece grip was noticeably more ergonomic to my surprise. It felt very sleek and intuitive compared to the cz.

I always likened(in my head) the cz ergonomics to a hi-power but in reality the cz is a much bigger and beefier pistol.

I chose the sig....still cant master da/sa though

Shred

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    By the time you get a cz where you want it, itll run you about the same as a new sig legion. I have shot a few cz's that started out as surplus guns that just blew my mind. Looking at you Mr. Wizard.

It all depends on your personal taste. Me, I want both, and lots of them in all flavors.

:shady: says CZ!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Other than a bunch of Sig 1911s, the only Sig I’ve owned was a P6. Nice enough gun but it never really grabbed me the way the CZs did. Now, after having shot WT’s Legion, I would have to rethink that a bit.

Like Sig, CZ has a pretty consistent product line so most CZs have a distinctive feel among them. I’ve come to like that feel and seem to shoot it well so CZs are where I’m at for the foreseeable future.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Owned both a P226 and a CZC Shadow Target. Never shot my P226 though I shot others before buying mine. I shot the CZ some.

For the Sig, I realized that I just wasn't interested in it much since it sat in the carton for over a year without ever being taken out so I sold it.

With the CZ, like expat, I really wanted to like it, but the reach to the trigger was farther than I preferred for that first DA pull and I decided I didn't want to invest the time to get proficient with a DA/SA configuration.

The rest of the story for me is I then went on to the Walther Q5 Match and though I did like it, again I decided I wasn't going to compete so I sold it too.

I'm a little too much like Doddg.:):

Hello Tim and Tom!:)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have a a few of both.

I have probably 15k through my shadow and 3k through 2, X5 226 and a 220 Sport.

Out of the box I liked the Sigs better but they were nearly twice as expensive. The frame to slide fit on the Sigs was so tight I couldn't swap the slides between the twoX5s.

In the end I stayed with the CZ. Over the past decade the CZ has been what I've reached for.

My comparison is between the CZ shadow and the Sig X5 (226 X5 from Germany, not the 320)
    CZ things I like:
    Frame low in the slide
    Thin trigger
    Aftermarket support for triggers, mags, grips, etc.

SIG things I like:
    The frame to slide fit is better than anything I've ever felt (Including Wilson and Les Baer)
    Most accurate pistol I've ever shot once I figured out a load for it (the x5s)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just went through this.

The cz is awesome and looks to have all the same features and ergos as the sig...but...

I have smaller/medium sized hands and the sig with the one piece grip was noticeably more ergonomic to my surprise. It felt very sleek and intuitive compared to the cz.

I always likened(in my head) the cz ergonomics to a hi-power but in reality the cz is a much bigger and beefier pistol.

I chose the sig....still cant master da/sa though

Shred

With a short trigger and the E2 grip, I can shoot most DA/SA Sigs. With CZ, I can't reach the trigger unless it's in single action and I can't even come close to working the safety with my thumb. They're a no-go for me.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    With a short trigger and the E2 grip, I can shoot most DA/SA Sigs. With CZ, I can't reach the trigger unless it's in single action and I can't even come close to working the safety with my thumb. They're a no-go for me.

Thats really weird to me. I can’t reach the decockers on Sigs, but I can run the decocker or safety on a CZ without issue and I have shorter fingers.

Out if curiosity, those that find the trigger reach to be long on the CZ is the 75 variants or the P-09/07 variants?

Top Bottom