• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    A failed negotiation to purchase a scope recently left me with one question.
    Who has the best warranties?
    The scope in question was a Weaver, and I garnered this from their site:

WARRANTY.*Weaver*Service and Support Limited Lifetime*Warranty:*Weaver*warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original owner. All electrical components come with a one year*warranty*from the point of sale.

That's a pretty good guarantee, even if only for the original owner.

Who else has a good one?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Vortex and their warranty are top notch. I’m on Vortex #6 from AA Optics and every gun they are on, they are too much glass for, but they’re great scopes and I know I’ll be taken care of if something happens.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Vortex has a great warranty and I think they've edged out the Leupolds on my rifles now.

While I think Leupold's warranty on paper isn't as good as the Vortex Warranty, the one time I contacted Leupold over an issue on a thirty year old optic, they were easy to deal with and fixed the issue for me a lot faster than I expected (I didn't actually expect them to fix it at all, at least not for free).

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Who still has the receipts for scopes they bought 30 years ago? Very few folks I suspect. I have a Weaver that needs repair, and need to get a return authorization. Won't know how much the repair bill will be.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Vortex, Burris, Meopta. I’ve hears stories of guys duct taping together vortex spotting scopes that fell off cliffs out west. Sent them in, repaired or replaced.

i personally bought 5 vortex tripods a couple weeks ago off eBay that were missing mounts. They were discontinued and the parts were no longer carried. I sent them in and they made and solution, fixed all five, and sent them back.

I own almost exclusively vortex products because of this. Keep in mind, you do pay for the warranty in the price, as with anything.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Trijicon has an awesome warranty as well , a piece of reticle broke free on my Accupower 1-8 when I first bought it and they replaced it no questions asked and paid for shipping both ways. But then again I expect that level of service for an $1500 scope

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have been equipping several rifles with scopes lately due to age/eyes! I have exclusively purchased Vortex scopes and have been extremely happy with the quality. Also they are the only scopes (as far as I have found) that have an "unlimited" warranty. Not saying others may have excellent warranties but all have noted that they are "limited" warranties!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hmmmm... food for thought. Their Golden Eagle has been whispering naughty things in my ear for some time now. It's way too much scope for my current application, but no one has told me that I can't move it to another rifle later.

Methinks I might end up giving AA waaaay too much of my hard earned simoleons before this is all over.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Methinks I might end up giving AA waaaay too much of my hard earned simoleons before this is all over.

I see nothing wrong with that plan.

About 10 years ago, Vortex forced other companies to review their warranties. Up until that point everyone warrantied the original purchaser to manufacturer defect. I bought a used leupold about 20 years ago that had a huge fail (it happens) it was not covered under their warranty as I was not the original owner. Its easy to type up a great sounding warranty, its hard to follow through. Vortex was not the first in the industry to type up a great sounding warranty, they were the first to follow through with it. A few companies have come around since, but Vortex is still the only company on the market to cover "I made a mistake, and this is broke".

Its funny, over the years, Ive had a few customers say things like "my reddot didn't come with the screw's, or mount, or ??? like it said it did which I know is in correct. After some proding, they admit "OK, I lost them" At which point I say "You can be honest and say that, and we will get you new with no issue. Just be honest"

As of now, 2 other brands have approached me about selling their refurbished units. Both times Ive said "I am only willing to see refurb's for Vortex because they have the exact same warranty as the new ones. Can you say the same thing?". No one has answered yes yet, so I don't sell other companies refurb's.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Pretty sure they warranty just about anything:
    Burris
    Vortex
    Riton

Limited Lifetime Warranty, basically against defects:
    Leupold
    Sightron
    Bushnell Elite (Bausch&Lomb)

Rhinestone Pete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I've purchased "abused" Vortex and Nikon optics in the past and have sent them in under warranty. Both companies repaired or replaced the optics no questions asked. I recently purchased a used VX-R Leupold that needed some repairs, specifically the illuminated reticle. I sent it in knowing that I would probably have to pay for the "electronics" since that was only covered by a limited warranty. After about a month, I received message that the scope was finished and only had to pay for readjusting the parallax to my liking. They replaced the illuminated reticle and objective lense under warranty. So far, I was very pleased with their customer service too. Since I only paid a couple hundred bucks for a scope that retails for 3x that, I was very pleased. I definitely would recommend Vortex and Nikon, so far no issues with Leupold either.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Hmmmm... food for thought. Their Golden Eagle has been whispering naughty things in my ear for some time now. It's way too much scope for my current application, but no one has told me that I can't move it to another rifle later.

It starts with convincing yourself you can afford a second handgun, because you need a backup....

$50,000 and years later, you’ll be justifying the $3,000 optics over the $2,500 on the $3,000 rifle you convinced yourself you needed just to try a new caliber, even though your last five work great.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It starts with convincing yourself you can afford a second handgun, because you need a backup....

$50,000 and years later, you’ll be justifying the $3,000 optics over the $2,500 on the $3,000 rifle you convinced yourself you needed just to try a new caliber, even though your last five work great.

Ain't it the truth! LOL. It is a grand obsession.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Thought Leupold warranted the product, didn't matter if bought used.
    Of course dented main tubes and stuff like that can be fixed, at some cost.
    I consider that a decent warranty.
    If not abused, they fix or replace for free.

Thought SWFA did the same.

Am thinking an SWFA for a general load testing scope (moved to various rifles)........and a new Leupold 3-9X Freedom 30mm w firedot for my Steyr Pro Hunter.
    Steiner I'd like to have, but wallet doesn't agree at the moment.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I like Vortex but I question the durability. I like durable stuff. I had a rifle leaning against the wall and it got tipped over and the vortex scope broke. They fixed it, but its made me question it ever since.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I like Vortex but I question the durability. I like durable stuff. I had a rifle leaning against the wall and it got tipped over and the vortex scope broke. They fixed it, but its made me question it ever since.
    Same reason I don't like FORDs ... I had a FORD Truck, I crashed it and it broke ... :):

Top Bottom