• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I have been dry firing all winter practicing my draw. Now it looks like it has paid off. Tonight after work i sent some lead down range. I have 6 plates set up at various heights and spacing. I can nail the 3 to 6 inch plates I would say about 6-8 seconds from a draw at 30 feet.

Right now I have a plain black Kent Sight on the rear. What I am wondering would a slightly wider u notch be a bit faster? Seems like I could increase my speed if I could center the dot a bit quicker?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It would be faster as it allows your eye to pick up the front sight quicker without correcting a ton. You might lose some finer accuracy, but for defensive shooting, not enough to be a quantitative measure. Make sure your front sight is a dot or highly visible to make the set up work even better.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    It would be faster as it allows your eye to pick up the front sight quicker without correcting a ton. You might lose some finer accuracy, but for defensive shooting, not enough to be a quantitative measure. Make sure your front sight is a dot or highly visible to make the set up work even better.

Front sight is fast, but i seem to lose a little time with lining it up with the rear sight due to it needing to be a tad wider.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I just found these on Amazon for $56.86.

Tritium Handgun Glow-in-the-Dark Night Sights for 1911 Pistols

by TRUGLO

260 front 450 rear
    260 500
    270 450
    270 front 500 rear

I do not know how much difference the size will make.
    I ordered the small size.

I found them looking for holsters.

Last edited:

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    I'm not sure what a plain black Kent sight is (not experienced enough) but if it is a basic metal sight with a notch in it and you feel comfortable with a file maybe you could widen the notch in it a bit? You would still have the sight you've been practicing with and also get the benefit of the slightly wider notch to get your sight picture faster.

Just an idea

Top Bottom