• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I came across this old photo of Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and the Earp Brothers on FB.

I thought it was pretty cool, so just thought I'd leave it here.

Wyatt%20Earp_zpsoffllgii.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Gun grabbers... (enforced the removal of arms from city limits from law abiding citizens due to a few cattlemen getting drunk instead of enforcing the law and patrolling) and used their deputized powers to enforce Wyatt's gambling schemes and rackets. But, legendary lawmen still...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    We need some modern Wyatt Earps to clean up cesspools like Chicago and LA with their criminal element running rampant. Now that is an idea!

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    While this photo is being spread around the web as real, I'm going to guess that that is not an authentic photo. For one thing, the hat style of the man on the right is not consistent with hat fashion in the 1880s and the style of the photo itself is not consistent with other images of the period. Most likely it was taken during Helldorado Days in Tombstone. Hundreds of people gather to participate in reenactments and look-alike contests. Welcome to Helldorado Days

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    His grand nephew was an Army Colonel and the provost marshal of Ft. Benning Georgia when I was there in 1983, he always said everybody got their name wrong and it was pronounced "ARP" not "URP".............I was a buck Sergeant at the time and didn't argue anything with him.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I seem to remember these guys as actors in one of those History Channel recreations. I could be wrong but when I saw the picture it just didn't look right.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I came across this old photo of Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and the Earp Brothers on FB.

I thought it was pretty cool, so just thought I'd leave it here.

Wyatt%20Earp_zpsoffllgii.jpg
    So, this is Doc Holiday. The guy above does not look like him. These guys look like they are playing dressup, imitating the characters in the Movie Tombstone.
    Doc-Holliday.jpg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    His grand nephew was an Army Colonel and the provost marshal of Ft. Benning Georgia when I was there in 1983, he always said everybody got their name wrong and it was pronounced "ARP" not "URP".............I was a buck Sergeant at the time and didn't argue anything with him.

If he's blood, he knows how to pronounce it.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

If he's blood, he knows how to pronounce it.

Maybe, maybe not.... the maternal side of my family are descended from immigrants from what is now the Czech Republic, and their name was anglicized when the arrived in the United States.

Some family members pronounced it phonetically, as with the new spelling. Others pronounced it as it has been spelled before. I never learned the difference (and the old spelling) until I was a young adult.

On the other hand, we were a bunch of common folk who settled in Nebraska. The Earps are much more famous, and had more incentive to follow and keep family traditions alive.

AND, as Steel Core aptly points out, who is going to argue with Colonel Earp, the post provost marshal? :):

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Little know fact I am the dude on the far left by Wyatt I went by the name “Shriveled Jim” back then. The guy in between Harry Britton and the Judge Roy Bean was “Bed Wetting Bob” he distracted his opponent by having a big wet spot on his pants. The dude in between Bat and Harry is “Gordon Lightfoot” he would start singing and his opponents would be confused.

BTW
    Teddy paid for dinner that night!

Top Bottom