• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Always thought it would be cool to have a Baby Rock. Then after shooting it i realized yeah not so much. Recoil is very sharp. The beaver tail allows for hammer bite. One would think given its weight it would be pleasant to shoot, not!

I would rather shoot a 45 acp, pleasant to shoot and really ammo is less. Wishing i never gave into the whim.

So mine is the Baby Rock, which Handgun do you regret the most?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The last TRP I purchased. It is pic in the 1911 thread. Very very very disappointed in the gun and in Springer CS.
    I am done with them.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    A Walther PPK/S. Snappy little heavy gun that I never liked shooting. The worst part is that I traded a High Standard Victor 22 Target Pistol for it, back in the early 80's, that I have missed from that day forward.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Sig Sauer Mosquito the worse hand gun I owned.
    I could not sell it at a lose.
    It malfunctioned so many times.
    Even Sig could not fix it.
    They said I needed to to shoot only, "German CCI 40gn".

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I nearly walked out of an lgs with a baby rock. And have been looking at getting the same trp cm had. Looks like I've dodged a couple bullets.

I really wanted to like a keltec foldyboi (sub2k). Bought the first one I could find on the shelf. Shot it once, sold it the next day. I lost my tax but recouped what I paid. What a burning pile of garbage.... Dumb levels of recoil, poor trigger, holy mold lines, charging handle all in your biz, remove the optic to fold it, terrible ergo, folded it was nearly the same size as a cx4 (one of my favorite fun guns).

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ive gotta go with the KelTec Pmr 30. Bought it for my wife as she hates recoil. Loves her Mark IV 22/45 Lite but i wanted something for her with a little more oomph and capacity. Thing was just not reliable for its intended purpose and got rid of it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I really wanted to like a keltec foldyboi (sub2k). Bought the first one I could find on the shelf. Shot it once, sold it the next day. I lost my tax but recouped what I paid. What a burning pile of garbage.... Dumb levels of recoil, poor trigger, holy mold lines, charging handle all in your biz, remove the optic to fold it, terrible ergo, folded it was nearly the same size as a cx4 (one of my favorite fun guns).

Kel-Tec products would be so much cooler if they weren't manufactured by Kel-Tec.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    I don’t mean to pile on, but the most disappointing handgun I have ever shot was a Keltec P-3AT. Jams, jams, and more jams. Years later, I discovered Nutnfancy’s YouTube videos and found him to be informative and interesting - most of the time. What really puzzled me was his constant promotion of the Keltec PF9. I never shot one, but since it has the same DNA as the garbage P-3AT, I can’t imagine it’s a quality pistol. I’ve always heard people accuse Ruger of copying the P-3AT when they released the LCP, but there has has to be more to the story than that, since Ruger makes quality products.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Anything Taurus...I've owned 3 of them in the past and all 3 either jammed or had parts falling off of them while shooting! I've had two of their older PT models...both had parts falling off of them while shooting. I owned a model 850 (SAO .38 special) in which the cylinder would lock-up after the first round was fired and then I would have to take the side-plate off and disassemble it in order to get the other 4 rounds out. Sent it back twice...Taurus said 'no issues' and wouldn't replace the gun. Traded it back-in and the next guy had the same issues...never found out what the final outcome was?

About 18 months ago, I picked-up an older (from 1990) Taurus 85 stainless, the all-steel version. and it's actually a nice shooter!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anything Taurus...I've owned 3 of them in the past and all 3 either jammed or had parts falling off of them while shooting! I've had two of their older PT models...both had parts falling off of them while shooting. I owned a model 850 (SAO .38 special) in which the cylinder would lock-up after the first round was fired and then I would have to take the side-plate off and disassemble it in order to get the other 4 rounds out. Sent it back twice...Taurus said 'no issues' and wouldn't replace the gun. Traded it back-in and the next guy had the same issues...never found out what the final outcome was?

About 18 months ago, I picked-up an older (from 1990) Taurus 85 stainless, the all-steel version. and it's actually a nice shooter!

I will have to call you out on this one. Regardless I would never ever sell/trade/pass along a firearm with an issue. "EVER".
    Sometimes we just have to eat one. I have on more than one occasion. There have been a few turds come through my life and a couple were guns. I will not get into the "X"s in this thread...:):

In the mid 80's I bought a Thompson Auto Ordinance 1911 because it was cheap and i did not know any better. It was a dangerous pistol. Hammer follow and jam-O-matic regardless of the mags used or ammo fired. Sent it back 2 times. Same :poop: each time.

Decided to have a look myself. (this was the start of me working on my own guns) and ended up with a hole in the work bench when the hammer followed the slide. My spouse had just walked up behind me and 2 friends were working on their bikes in my shop. That no one was wounded/killed is only that I was taught well and the gun was pointed in a safe (not for the bench) direction. Scared the living crap out of all of us.

Once I got me ears to stop ringing I unloaded that POS and clamped it up in the band saw. One of my buddy's said man just sell it. I have never thought the same of him since that statement. I cut the gun in 3 pieces and sent it to the trash.

That is not the only one I have scrapped. The TRP I posted about is just the one that really broke my heart.

If you sold/traded yours with full disclosure that is OK. If not that was just wrong.

JMHO but I stand firmly behind it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I will have to call you out on this one. Regardless I would never ever sell/trade/pass along a firearm with an issue. "EVER".
    Sometimes we just have to eat one. I have on more than one occasion. There have been a few turds come through my life and a couple were guns. I will not get into the "X"s in this thread...:):

In the mid 80's I bought a Thompson Auto Ordinance 1911 because it was cheap and i did not know any better. It was a dangerous pistol. Hammer follow and jam-O-matic regardless of the mags used or ammo fired. Sent it back 2 times. Same :poop: each time.

Decided to have a look myself. (this was the start of me working on my own guns) and ended up with a hole in the work bench when the hammer followed the slide. My spouse had just walked up behind me and 2 friends were working on their bikes in my shop. That no one was wounded/killed is only that I was taught well and the gun was pointed in a safe (not for the bench) direction. Scared the living crap out of all of us.

Once I got me ears to stop ringing I unloaded that POS and clamped it up in the band saw. One of my buddy's said man just sell it. I have never thought the same of him since that statement. I cut the gun in 3 pieces and sent it to the trash.

That is not the only one I have scrapped. The TRP I posted about is just the one that really broke my heart.

Words of Wisdom. Maybe the seller discloses yeah it does this that or the other thing. Buyer backyard gunsmith figures he can fix it.. Next thing you know being sold again who may or may not disclose. Although financially painful to scrap it, doing the right thing more than makes up for it.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Words of Wisdom. Maybe the seller discloses yeah it does this that or the other thing. Buyer backyard gunsmith figures he can fix it.. Next thing you know being sold again who may or may not disclose. Although financially painful to scrap it, doing the right thing more than makes up for it.

Exactly. This can not even be argued with a straight face. Or a clear heart.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    jennings 22, .40cal Glock, Sig 938, Ruger vaquero 357, Ruger super Blackhawk 44mag, Yugo SKS all got sold off

I sawed up and scrapped a cap and ball pistol and a .50cal muzzle loader

Top Bottom