Our neighbor Set up a full service BAR at the range today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    So must say that when you go shooting at the range on Sundays, one meets a whole better class of shooter.. Met with Doggydaddy for some overdue trigger time and to see if he could get his Ortgie to work. (Moral of that story do not take an Ortgie apart at the range).

But our neighbor had set up a full BAR at the range.

2vao1og.jpg

Of course DD immediately went up to the guy and asked if he could shoot one of his BARs, he would let him shoot his Ortgie.. you should have seen the look that guy gave DD.. But it worked.. And much to my chagrin there was DD laying down suppressing fire while yelling for Little John and Cage to stay down while he and the Sarge got them out??? Not quite certain what that was about.. But he was happy.

Had fun looking for Ortgie parts right after DD says "look how easy this gun breaks down"

But after some new springs and a good shot of oil that little rascal was shooting both ball and Hollow point ammo with no issues.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I should know better than to hit the BAR before noon. I had to come home and take a nap after that! I think Indy had been to the BAR before I got there though. When he was shooting his Ross 1910, he forgot to take the second safety (magazine cutoff) off and couldn't figure out why that sucker wouldn't feed the second round out of the magazine. His head finally cleared enough to realize the error of his ways it was working as smooth as silk after that, but man, that is one heavy rifle!

Got to try out my little Winchester Model 55 (single-shot semi-auto). Really a neat little rifle but took some getting used to with the loading gate on top and the safety going on automatically each time a round was loaded. But it fired and ejected the brass out the bottom just like it was supposed to.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    When he was shooting his Ross 1910, he forgot to take the second safety (magazine cutoff) off and couldn't figure out why that sucker wouldn't feed the second round out of the magazine. His head finally cleared enough to realize the error of his ways it was working as smooth as silk after that, but man, that is one heavy rifle!

Hey the man is right and is spot on, I was Crying, bawling and cussing because I could not get the Ross to cycle more then one round at a time. I tried loading the rounds with the rims back of each other and many variations, still only one round would feed. Finally, went over to get a file & pry bar to fix it.. when Doggydaddy walks over and says in a very calm and manly way.. "you need to flip off the magazine cut off lever.. You know the second safety".. Well color me red in the face.. So from now on I will not laugh at, bring up or kid DD on the second safety joke no more.. Peace is declared..

938818047.png

9k=

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did take your advice. I just ordered two more spare firing pin springs and two more firing pin spring guide rods (not a striker as I though it was) for the Ortgies. Just in case...

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I did take your advice. I just ordered two more spare firing pin springs and two more firing pin spring guide rods (not a striker as I though it was) for the Ortgies. Just in case...

yeah Guide rod, that makes sense, I did not see how that could have been a striker.. But who was I to question, my 1st glimpse of the piece was as it was sailing by my face..

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    yeah Guide rod, that makes sense, I did not see how that could have been a striker.. But who was I to question, my 1st glimpse of the piece was as it was sailing by my face..

The redneck guy in the rambling 15 minute youtube video I told you about probably called it a striker and I just went with it. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hmmm there seems to be a lesson there, I think, But, will be damned if I can put my finger on it right now...

Hey, it wasn't a slam on rednecks by any means. I consider myself to be one, at least in spirit! You can't discount redneck skills out of hand. After all, I had duct tape in my range bag to protect the finish from the ejecting shells on your BARs, didn't I? And it was even black, so that it matched the finish! That reminds me... I need to stick a can of WD-40 in my range bag. Duct tape and WD-40 are necessities in any tool kit. But at least you had the RemOil. ;)

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’m always amazed when someone at the range brings out incredible “toys” like a BAR! It’s a great example that you do meet a great class of people at the range.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Hey, it wasn't a slam on rednecks by any means. I consider myself to be one, at least in spirit! You can't discount redneck skills out of hand. After all, I had duct tape in my range bag to protect the finish from the ejecting shells on your BARs, didn't I? And it was even black, so that it matched the finish! That reminds me... I need to stick a can of WD-40 in my range bag. Duct tape and WD-40 are necessities in any tool kit. But at least you had the RemOil. ;)

Who the hell was slamming rednecks.. I was slamming you tube ramblers... they are a curse on the channel...yabber yabber yabber and nothing important said... Then boom they say something you need to know but you do not hear it because you are asleep...

Oh next time bring some Cusants and Perrier to the range. Lets try to pick up our images a bit... Oh yeah having Some Grey Poupon Mustard would not hurt either..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LbyHCpALM

Top Bottom