• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but where are the best places to buy a nice gun safe in the Terre Haute area, I know top guns has them but they are a lot bigger than I need. I just need a 20 gun safe that works well. I had one that I bought at menards a few years ago and the lock stopped working on it so I want a new one that I won't have to worry about. Any recommendations are welcome when it comes to brand, not sure on my budget yet, but sometime soon I would like to get one.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but where are the best places to buy a nice gun safe in the Terre Haute area, I know top guns has them but they are a lot bigger than I need. I just need a 20 gun safe that works well. I had one that I bought at menards a few years ago and the lock stopped working on it so I want a new one that I won't have to worry about. Any recommendations are welcome when it comes to brand, not sure on my budget yet, but sometime soon I would like to get one.

Off topic, how did you get in the safe after the lock stopped working? Did you have to sacrifice the safe?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    In my humble opinion, a 20 gun would not be big enough, I bought a 80 gun, and it was full the day it was delivered, always buy bigger than what you need, because you never know when colt, smith, Taurus, or any other company will release the 21st gun you want to put in the safe! Just my thoughts

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    In my humble opinion, a 20 gun would not be big enough, I bought a 80 gun, and it was full the day it was delivered, always buy bigger than what you need, because you never know when colt, smith, Taurus, or any other company will release the 21st gun you want to put in the safe! Just my thoughts

21st? In a 20-gun safe? I think you mean 11th or 12th gun...

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I got a winchester 24 gun safe 4-5 years ago one sale at Tractor Supply. Delivery was me and a buddy in my truck, but has done well for me so far.

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    Erney Safe & Lock at 7th & Hulman, they have S&G locks and could possibly help with your lock. They are also American Security safe dealer. Rural King at 3235 Wabash Ave

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    You should ask what brand and where to buy as some look good but can be opened in just minutes. Some are light enough even loaded with 20 guns that they can be removed from your house with a hand truck. I have a Browning made in the 60's that the weight and thickness of the steel used is almost double what is used today and I can change the combination with out a lock smith.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You may have some around and not know it. I pulled up a Liberty Safe sale ad once and got a list of local sales, never heard of some of the places.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Most safes are over rated for the number they say they will hold unless all your guns are 1 1/2" wide.........

mine is rated for 80 guns, ive got about 80 in it (including handguns) but they're stacked in like cordwood!

Top Bottom