• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok so i am down 4 waist sizes, now when carrying i find it a bit uncomfortable, not sure if it is having to tighten up my belt so much or the extra material in the waist? Anybody else experience this?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Congratulations, it's hard work, but rewarding as all get out. I've dropped right at 90 lbs. so far and actually find carrying a lot more comfortable. There isn't nearly so much fat for my pistol to jab.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Dropped 15 just from when my kid was born in March. I'm in between sizes but at least wranglers or dickies are cheap compared to anti gun Levi's. I use owb leather so I just tighten the belt more. Otherwise I would buy new pants.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ok so i am down 4 waist sizes, now when carrying i find it a bit uncomfortable, not sure if it is having to tighten up my belt so much or the extra material in the waist? Anybody else experience this?

4 WAIST SIZES :wow: You are my new hero. :laugh:
    I have dropped 2 (almost 3) waist sizes in the past few years and it has been quite a chore.
    I had a goal of getting under 230 for 2 yrs. and finally made it a year ago.
    I stayed around 224-225, kidding 220 a couple of times, but after the Xmas Holidays I couldn't get down below 230 AGAIN!

I weigh every morning and since January, keep track of how many times a week & month I break 230: painful reality feedback. :(
    Only 3 - 5 times a month since Jan., with last month jumping up to 9.
    I have done it every day this month except on the 1st.
    I have 11 days in a row under 230: small baby steps.
    Got that momentum helping me, plus a A1C blood test (blood sugar level) in July coming up to motivate me also.
    We will see if retirement helps or hinders my progress.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I've lost 50# in the last year and have redone my wardrobe twice. It is easier to carry. The biggest change is handling double stack pistols. A year ago I could not get my finger on the trigger properly, now many guns fit my hand that did not a year ago. My carry gun which fit fine a year ago now feels small. Not having fat fingers makes a difference!

I've got goals set for weight loss, want to loose another 40#. For every 10# I loose (and keep it off), I get to buy another gun.

The weight loss process is simple, eat less, about 15% less of the same food I have always eaten. I also combined this with a low carb diet. The process is simple, but it is not easy and I have jumped back on the food wagon a couple times.

The warm weather helps, I have more to do to keep my mind off of food.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    +1 for reevaluate the holsters: there's a lot less padding now plus it'll sit differently.

I've found that (and it makes sense) the better the pants fit (and therefore stay in place) the better planted the holster is. With pants/shorts cinched down and only the belt holding everything in place, holster and accessories shift around more.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I lost 30 this year and switched from carrying single stack iwb to carrying a double stack iwb. My G29 really helps pickup the slack I found in my waistline.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Congrats! I would look into a nylon slider belt, or the velcro/nylon belts for easy adjust. I lost 50# over last 2 years and also found IWB is a piece of cake. I tried a kydex rig, with a wider clip on- works great. I have OWB's as well. Get some new cargo shorts, and try a new pair of jeans. I still buy one size bigger if carrying IWB, or at least have a little slack for comfort. Good luck. Again Congrats!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    +1 for reevaluate the holsters: there's a lot less padding now plus it'll sit differently.

I've found that (and it makes sense) the better the pants fit (and therefore stay in place) the better planted the holster is. With pants/shorts cinched down and only the belt holding everything in place, holster and accessories shift around more.

Tried on some old I mean OLD 30's today and fit fine, no pain on my weak side hip and Holster was back sitting the way it should. So I am guessing the extra material was the cause.

Top Bottom